Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Anticipated May 2022 Releases

  I realized I've been terrible at keeping up with release dates over the past couple of years. To help with that, I've decided to try out a monthly anticipated list on the blog. I'm starting with May, since April is already halfway over.

Now, even though these are listed in numerical order, there isn't really a "Top" book except the last few. The rest of them are all pretty equal in terms of desirability. Oh, and please remember that these are just my opinions about what I am most looking forward to.

***


From the Mouth of Sirens by Abigail Hair (May 7, 2022)

This is a new addition to my anticipated list. I actually only added it on Goodreads a couple of weeks ago. I've never been a huge fan of mermaid/siren stories (I like them more in theory than in execution for some weird reason), but I was intrigued by this one. I'll probably wait to hear some buzz before diving in, though.


Book of Night by Holly Black (May 3, 2022)

Everyone and their brother knows that this book is releasing in May. While I'm not a huge Holly Black fan, I do have a couple of special editions coming my way. Since this is her first adult book, I wanted to see if I might love this one. I did like her Folk of the Air series (though I wasn't in love with them) and I really liked her Curseworkers books. So, hopefully BoN is worth the special edition money I spent.


Never Been Kissed by Timothy Janovsky (May 3, 2022)

This one sounds like a cute read. While I haven't been super into contemporary romances lately, every once in a while, I get the urge to do a palette cleanse from all my fantasy series. I might pick this one up during such a time.


Cold as Hell by Rhett C. Bruno and Jaime Castle (May 24, 2022)

Every once in a while, I try to get out of my comfort zone and read a sci-fi/fantasy book that doesn't have a strong romance or relationship element. This would be one of those. A cowboy monster hunter stuck in purgatory sounds pretty interesting, especially with it being compared to The Witcher series.


Charm by Tracy Wolff (May 3, 2022)

I'm still not caught up on this series, and I don't plan to be until the last book's release date is closer, but I'll more than likely be buying Charm when it's out so I can binge the entire series. I've only read book one, Crave, so far, and that's been a couple of years ago, so a re-read will be necessary. While the first book didn't overly impress me, I have a feeling I'll love the sequels due to the various romantic relationship drama.


The Prince's Poisoned Vow by Hailey Turner (May 2, 2022)

I truly don't know much about this book other than it's a gay fantasy story, so I'm all in. It's going to be a Bookish Box book, I think, so I decided to check it out and see if I liked it. I really hope it's good. We really need more fantastic LGBT+, poly, and non-conventional fantasy books.


A Little Bit Country by Brian D. Kennedy (May 31, 2022)

I'm cheating for this one and copying/pasting from my 2022 Most Anticipated list I wrote back in January: "While I don't really care for country music, this book intrigues me. A boy who wants to become the biggest gay country superstar and a boy working at an amusement park set to fall for each other. Sounds very cute?" I have it on hold at my local library.


The Inadequate Heir by Danielle L. Jensen (May 24, 2022)

I love the Dominique Wesson covers for this series! I plan on meeting Danielle at Apollycon this year, so I'm debating on which book I want to get signed by her. Since this is book one of the Bridge Kingdom spinoff, I don't know if it'll make the suitcase cut, but it'll be a shame not to have all of the pretty copies signed.


The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah (May 17, 2022)

I already read this courtesy of Orbit books, as they sent me an ARC. And it was a super fun desert fantasy story! I'm very excited to have a physical copy coming in one of my subscription boxes next month. I may even need to purchase a regular US hardcover as well. I'll decide once I see what the special edition looks like.



Glow by Raven Kennedy (May 19, 2022)

Sadly, I just found out that this is only book four in a five book series. I was kind of hoping it would be the last book so I didn't have to wait a year for the the final installment. While I always love me a good series, I hate waiting. But I am super excited to see where Auren and Rip's story goes after the events of Gleam.

***

Alright, there you have it. My most anticipated May 2022 books. What titles are on your list? And let me know of any May releases I may be missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!