Saturday, March 13, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The February FairyLoot Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I preordered two very expensive things this week. One was the Illumicrate edition and box for From Blood and Ash, and the other was the FairyLoot special edition set of the Blood and Ash series books 1-3. My wallet is hurting. And unfortunately, these won't ship until June/July. BUT, a couple of other goodies arrived this week that I'm pretty excited about.

My alternate StarsThatDream dustjacket for ACOSF came in the mail, and I immediately put it on my book. I'm so excited to have a matching cover. However, I will say that the spine for this one isn't quite as good as I wanted it to be. I'm thinking about printing another matching edition I've seen that's available for free and seeing if I like that spine more. But this cover is simply amazing. Oh, and my pre-order of A Trial of Sorcerers also arrived. It has such a beautiful cover. I hope the inside is just as pretty.



FairyLoot time! February's FairyLoot is unique in that this is the first time I've actually really enjoyed the items and not cared very much (if at all) about the book. I think I enjoyed every single item, even the pin. Although the pin isn't of a fandom I love and pins in general aren't my thing, the quote is fantastic. Same idea for the tarot cards that are gorgeous! And those moon fairy lights are AMAZING! I wish I had more/longer sets for my shelves.

The Red Rising pillowcase kind of matches the last pillowcase we got for Crescent City, so I'm excited to have my own place at some point to use both of them. And I can always use the silverware and silverware case for lunches when I get a job where I don't work from home 95% of the time. The candle smells good as well, but I still have two others I haven't used yet. One day I'll actually burn them... However, as I said, the book, This Golden Flame, isn't something I would pick up for myself, so it may just sit on my shelf for a while, as I don't know how desirable it is in sell groups.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wasn't really wowed by February's Fairy Loot. Like really none of it. Lol. The candle smelled nice and I liked the tarot cards, but the rest...meh.

    I saw this alternative cover for ACOSF and almost got it, but it was just a little too pricey for me. I spontaneously ordered the Bookish Box one even though I have no clue what it looks like. As I said, it was a spontaneous purchase...so hopefully it will be prettier. Lol!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that alternate cover! So pretty. I have seen the Elise Kova book around and I am in love with the cover. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!