Monday, March 1, 2021

February Wrap-Up & March TBR

February is complete. Wow. Three months into 2021, and things are still iffy and icky. But at least I'm reading still. No more slumps for me. Woot! Woot!

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in February


The Gilded Ones
: 3.5 stars
A Court of Mist and Fury: 3 stars
Find Me Their Bones
: 4 stars
A Court of Wings and Ruin: 4 stars
A Court of Frost and Starlight: 4 stars
A Court of Silver Flames: 4 stars
From Blood & Ash: re-read (not pictured)

I read seven books in February. One was an ebook and a re-read, while the others were all physical copies. In preparation for the release of ACOSF, I read the ACOTAR series books 2-3.5 for the first time. And as I suspected based on Sarah's live interviews, fan art, etc., I loved the side characters and found the main characters to be so very meh. And Nessian is my OTP, though I did find myself slightly disappointed in ACOSF. I don't think I'll do full reviews for the series, because my views are fairly controversial and I'm already backed up on reviews. I'll just write mini Goodreads reviews, if you're interested. Other than those, I read The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna, Find Me Their Bones by Sara Wolf, and did my re-read of From Blood And Ash by JLA in preparation for book three's release and my book club meeting in early March.

Books Bought/Received in February

I bought nine books this month and received one I bought last month, which was the January FairyLoot book. The January FairyLoot book is Lore, the book with the snake on the spine pictured above. My February FairyLoot book hasn't arrived yet, but it is technically one of the nine I purchased this month. In addition to FairyLoot books, I bought Wings of Ebony and A Dark and Hollow Star online via Semicolon. I bought ACOWAR via Mercari because I wanted the old cover, and I purchased ACOSF via Amazon and got it for like $13! I also bought Rogue and Alpha by Rachel Vincent and Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning at a used bookstore. Oh, and the ninth book I purchased was a preorder of the UK edition of Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff.

Currently Obsessed With

Well, there were zero obsessions this month outside of reading. I'm not even watching anything major right now. Yikes. Does re-watching Sister, Sister on Netflix count?
 

So I'm kind of keeping up with CW's Walker, as my mom wants to buddy watch. However, it's mostly background noise for me. I also finished rewatching The Boys with my mom, and I'm watching WandaVision with my dad. However, I think WandaVision would've been better off dropping all of its episodes at once versus the weekly drop format. The mystery is getting old now. Welp, that's it. February 2021 was not a good month for movies/TV.

Currently Reading/March TBR


The only books I have to read this month are The Last Watch by J.S. Dewes and my re-read of AKOFAF for my March book club meeting. Otherwise, I just have some books I really want to get to, like A Dark and Hollow Star and Master of One. Oh, and I forgot to put Winterspell in the photo, but I'm currently reading it, and I'd like to finish it before winter is officially over.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of February, plus some March sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!