Sunday, April 4, 2021

Mach Wrap-Up & April TBR

March is over. Wow, that month went by crazy fast. I also wasn't able to read as much because 1) I had a bookish slump/hangover from my re-read of the Blood & Ash series, and 2) I was waiting for some work projects to finally get underway and the stress was making it hard to concentrate on reading anything. April isn't looking too good for reading time, either, but we shall see...

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in March



A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire: 4.5 stars (re-read)
A Dark and Hollow Star: 4 stars
Winterspell
: 3 stars
The Last Watch: 4.5 stars (review to come)
Serpent & Dove: 4 stars

I only read five books in March. All were physical books, but one was an advance reader copy. I received an ARC of The Last Watch from Tor, and I loved it! I'm excited to read the sequel, which I've already requested on NetGalley. None of the other books I read were bad, but Winterspell by Claire Legrand is one I've had on my shelves for years. It wasn't great, but it had its moments of entertainment. A Dark and Hollow Star by Ashley Shuttleworth and Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin were two more recent purchases that I read and liked. Other than those, I did my re-read of A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by JLA in preparation for book three's release.

Books Bought/Received in March

 

I bought seven books this month. Sadly, I only received one of my purchases, A Trial of Sorcerers by Elise Kova. The second book in the picture is This Golden Flame, which I technically bought in February with the February FairyLoot box. It just didn't arrive until March. And my March box won't arrive until April. (FairyLoot late on subscriptions again? I'm shocked. Not!)

Other than those two, I pre-ordered the FairyLoot set for From Blood & Ash and its sequels as well as the Illumicrate box for just From Blood & Ash. And I cannot handle how excited I am to have all of these special editions in my hands! I may make a special post dedicated to showing off each of them once they arrive in June/July. The sneak peeks are so freakin' gorgeous! I also ordered the Bookish Box YA subscription because the April box will have a FBAA item. I may or may not keep the subscription. It just depends on what books they do. I know I'm not overly excited about the April one.

I'm currently not buying a lot of books, for no other reason than I just have too many on my physical TBR. I want to narrow down my number of unread books, especially the ones that I bought pre-2020. So, I made a deal with myself. I can't buy new books that aren't either 1) on my most-anticipated list, 2) hosting some sort of preorder incentive giveaway, 3) a special edition that might sell out, or 4) part of my FairyLoot or Owlcrate monthly subscription. However, I have skipped every Owlcrate box so far this year because they are either doing the same book as FairyLoot, or the book just wasn't something I'd buy for myself. But anyway, the deal is basically that I can't impulse-buy books until I've read 15 of the ones I already own. So far, I've read three since I made the deal. I figure it'll be June before I can purchase a new book for myself. Lol..

Currently Obsessed With

Well, I didn't get obsessed over anything this month. I just continued re-watching Sister, Sister on Netflix. It's been a pretty boring month. Though I did start The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+. It started out good, but the most recent episode was kind of meh.

I guess I also watched the Snyder Cut of Justice League. It was fun. There's no way I could've watch it all in one sitting, but I did like the expanded roles some of the team members had in this edit. Though I still wish there had been one more female superhero involved. It was a love of dudes.

Currently Reading/April TBR


I'm re-reading the Grisha trilogy for my book club this month, and in preparation for the Netflix show. I just started the re-read, and I can kind of tell that I'm not going to enjoy these as much as I did when I first read them. That's why I'm not super enthusiastic about the show adaptation, in addition to some other reasons. But other than these three, I'm still slowly making my way through A Clash of Kings, one chapter at a time. I'm 85% sure I'll be able to finish it by December, as planned. Oh! And most importantly, A Crown of Gilded Bones by JLA comes out in April! I pre-ordered the ebook version so I could devour it ASAP.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of March, plus some April sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!