Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Maze Runner Movie Review

The Maze Runner Movie Summary

Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape.

My Thoughts

This is just gonna be a quick mini-summary of my thoughts on the film. I’d love to do whole structured review, except I saw the movie last Thursday night and I’ve forgotten quite a bit.

I loved the cast. I thought that everyone did a terrific job. Even Theresa wasn’t as annoying to me as she was in the book. Her character was funny and kind of bada$$. Dylan O’Brien was so freakin’ cute, but in a hot way. Does that make any sense?

The plot of the movie was obviously good. There was still some iffy-ness they couldn’t quite fix because James Dashner didn’t give a very thorough description of the world-building. And the minor changes that they did change, I thought were for the better.

 
***SPOILERS MAY LIE HERE***

Whenever Thomas learns his name by bashing his head, that was a good time. Plus, that scene, along with all of the other fight scenes, like with Ben, were very gritty and raw. They didn’t feel like action-y choreographed fight scenes. They were quite realistic.

The Grievers weren’t what I was expecting. I had seen what they looked like on the commercials, so I knew that they were more robot-spiderlike than I was picturing. I thought they would look like slugs with spikes coming out of their bodies. Maybe that’s just me.

All in all, I thought it was really good. It wasn’t Catching Fire amazing, but I personally thought it was on the same level as Divergent. I’m super excited to see what happens in The Scorch Trials.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!