Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Favorite and Least Favorite Character Names

We all have character names we like. And then we have those we don’t. I’m going to share mine with you.

Favorite Names

1.      LEVI: I think Levi from Fangirl made me love this name.

2.      COLE: I’ve liked this name since Cole on Charmed.
3.      LUCAS: It’s used a lot, but I love it. (I couldn't think of a Lucas on the spot, but there's one in this book.)

4.      ALICE: Don’t know why, but this name sounds lovely.

5.      CALLA: This is a beautiful name. It makes me smile.

6.      WILL: This name is everywhere. And I love it.

Awful Names

1.      MAX: It’s a dog’s name. (There's a Max in this book. You'll just have to read it to see if you don't believe me.)

2.      DAEMON, DAMON, DAMEN: I actually like the name, just not the repetition of it in YA lit (same with Daniel).

3.      SARAH, MARY: any boring names like these are lame.

4.      PEETA: No offense, Peeta. I love your character, but your name's weird and it makes me hungry.

5.      TOBIAS and TRIS: I just think they sound odd. Or maybe I've had them ingrained in my brain too much and I’ve just gotten sick of them.

What are some of your favorite names in YA? What are some of your least favorite? Sound off in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Great post idea- I agree, Damon (or his numerous other spellings) are used way too often!

    Great post (again) and thanks for visiting my blog!

    Aditi@ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!