Saturday, July 8, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Spicy Tarot Cards Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, this week has been really tame in comparison to last week, when I was under deadline stress. The only stressful part of the week has been the god-awful fireworks that go off in my neighborhood, typically right behind my house because my neighbors are terrible. Why do people like making loud banging noises for hours on end? It's ridiculous. But anyway, here's this week's haul.

I don't have any physical books to share. Well, correction. I would have had physical books to share but Amazon sent me dented copies of the books I ordered, so that was a bust. They should be sending replacements soon, and those will be in next week's Stacking the Shelves post. Here though, I have the FairyLoot Spice Road tarot cards. I've wanted these for a while, and someone offered me a deal on Mercari, so I took it. I'm happy that I haven't seen any more FairyLoot tarot cards in their YA boxes that I need to get. I really need to save money now that student loans are returning. Yuck.


Next, I have my Kindle Unlimited ebooks. I downloaded Seraph by Lily Mayne and Per Sunguinem by Ashlyn Drewek. Seraph is the sixth book in a MM apocalyptic monster series that I've binged over the past few weeks, while Per Sanguinem is a MM vampire story. I finished Seraph, and now I'm taking a break from the series. The next book is a collection of stories from all the main couples, so I figured where I ended was a good place, since I'll have a good refresher before jumping into the next installment and then the new release set to come out later this year. As for Per Sanguinem, it's leaving KU soon, so I wanted to read it before then.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I wish FL would put the tarot cards back up on the shop again. But I tell myself I don't need to get the second edition of the deck that I have the complete first edition and that should be good! I did have to buy the OUABH ones when I saw them! I found them for a decent deal on eBay. I basically tallied FL's current price, throw in shipping fees and it was about the same. Enough that I didn't care! Lol!

    Hope Amazon sends you undamaged copies this time around! I know how that is! I've had to return so many books to them because they were packaged poorly and were destroyed (in my eyes) by the time they were delivered. Hope you enjoy you KU books! Both are totally new to me as well!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think FL abandoned the idea of selling extras in the Trove

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!