Saturday, July 15, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The It's Almost ASOAAB Time Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's the last week before A Soul of Ash and Blood releases, and I just want the world to speed up for the next few days. Please! I need it so badly! Ugh. Otherwise, things have been quiet. My older sister is visiting this weekend, so I've been cleaning my place in case she stops by. I've also bought a lot of home items that, combined with all my book orders, was not a great financial decision for the month. But other than that, it's been a normal week.
 

I only have two physical books to share for this Stacking the Shelves, though I know I have a couple of different books waiting for me at my parents' house. I'll share those next week. I also think a couple copies of A Soul of Ash and Blood will be delivered there as well, which means I'll have to wait to take pics of those. Boo... But anyway, my Amazon replacement of Six Scorched Roses by Carissa Broadbent arrived, as well as an eBay order of the hardcover of A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire. Yes, this is my umpteenth copy, but I needed another one for a dust jacket set and eBay had the cheapest one I could find. Thankfully, I'm now caught up on having hardcovers for all my FBAA dust jackets, so that's good. I just hope there aren't any more versions that release in the near future. I haven't been able to find a lot of used copies for cheap anymore. Everyone suddenly wants $25-$30 for a used hardcover book. I could get a brand new version for that price, crazies. I guess I'll have to do that cardboard-book method if there are any new dust jacket sets in the future.

Next, I have my ebooks. My hold for Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare came in from the library Libby app, which is terrible timing because I've been really into re-reading Crave by Tracy Wolff with the anticipation of bingeing that entire series after. Alas, now I have to take a break to read Chain of Gold since I want to decide if I should keep my FairyLoot special edition order or sell the set, as I don't really feel like buying the new The Mortal Instruments editions that were revealed but I have to have a matching set if I end up falling in love with the Shadowhunter world again after letting it go a few years back. Ugh. The book collector dilemma. I also downloaded Prose Edda: Viking Lore Unveiled from Kindle Unlimited. My friends and I are visiting Iceland later this year, and we want to read a book set in or based on Iceland. This was one I found that sounded interesting, as the sagas inspired works like LOTR and A Song of Ice and Fire.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! I know what you're saying about trying to find a used copy of hardcover books for alternate covers! I was looking high and low for Stephanie Garber ones but every time I calculated what I would spend buying 3 books from 3 sellers, throw in shipping and tax...I might as well buy new copies...as I think I was only saving $2-3! In the end, that's what I did with Target's buy 2 get 1 sale. It worked perfectly as I needed 6 copies total and in the end, I ended up paying about $10 for each hardcover, which isn't too bad.

    I think I might have ordered 2 copies ASOAAB...I can't remember, I know I ordered a signed copy from BAM because I thought, SIGNED! YAY! Lol. But now I'm wondering if I did that with a B&N copy...or if that was for another title of hers entirely! I guess I will wait and see what happens next week! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads! I loved the Crave series so I hope you're enjoying your re-read and the rest of the series! It was a wild ride that one!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!