Saturday, May 20, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The St@bby Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, things are chugging along. Work is heating up with a major deadline this coming Friday, and I'm at the point that whatever happens, happens. I tried my best. As for the rest of life, my older sister visited last weekend, though it wasn't for a great reason. A cousin of mine sadly passed away. We'd been estranged for a while, and she was older than me by a good twenty years, so I wasn't upset, but it's just weird to think your once young-adult relatives are now getting older too. But on to happier topics! Books!      .


First, I have my Barnes & Noble preorder of Cursed Crowns by Catherine Doyle and Katherine Webber. I still haven't read the first one, but I think it'll be cute. Therefore, I deemed it worthy enough to preorder book two. I actually have the first book as a LitJoy edition, but the only fancy thing about it is gold edges, so I'm not too worried about matching in that case. I never display my books with the edges out, with the exception of the Chest of Fandoms FBAA editions, but that's only because the covers are already so similar to the US editions.


Next, I have my FairyLoot Crescent City order. This, like Cursed Crowns, was sent to my parents' house because I'm too lazy to change the address. Plus, it's just safer to send them to my parents who live out in the middle of nowhere versus leaving them on my front porch where anyone could walk by. These Crescent City editions are nice. While I'm not super into the slipcases or the covers, the foiling on the naked hardcovers and the endpaper character art are lovely. However, the most recent CC book really irritated me, so if I don't like the next one, I may choose to get rid of these.

And here are my JLA Shop FBAA and ASITE daggers. These things weren't delivered until like 7 p.m. for some reason. I think I checked the mail three or four times that day. I don't even remember what day of the week it was. I think it was Monday. But, I do remember checking the mail before I left for the gym, when I got back from the gym, and then again when the box was finally there. I had to go outside and get it with a wet head after I took my shower! But anyway, these are super pretty. I do wish they were double-sided and that Poppy's dagger's handle was a bit more white, but they're super pretty nonetheless. I also wish I had my shelves ready to go so I could properly display everything.

And finally, I have my ebooks for the week. The first one is a Kindle Unlimited title, Alpha's Kiss by Shannon West. It was recommended in one of the Kindle rows, so I looked at the synopsis and decided to go for it. The other two ebooks are from Vela Roth's newsletter. She gave them away for free. I guess they're novellas in her Blood Grace series, which I haven't started yet but really want to. I couldn't find them on Goodreads, though, so that's kind of annoying. I had to use Google, and even then, I couldn't find a good image of Blood Legacy, the second novella I downloaded. How rude.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. My FL CC books still haven't arrived. Thinking I must have been at the end of their list to send out. Which is rude since I've been a FL member for years! Really hoping mine don't come damaged! I've been hearing a few people have received ones that were falling apart at the spines, so I'm terrified and the waiting is killing me!

    Nice new reads and goodies too! I also had to order the super awesome JLA blades! Like you, I wish they could've been more "3D" or "real-ish." But I I get why they can't be real bladed weapons. I thought Illumicrate did a really good job with their letter opener version. I wish they could've done a bigger version of that for the shop. But oh well.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads and bookish goodies! Also sorry to hear of your cousin's passing. It's always a little rough, even when you didn't know the relative as well. I remember when I was 12 or 13 I think it was my great-grandmother on my other family's side passed away and while I was sad, I wasn't as overly emotional as I was when my grandparents died later on. I didn't know this GG as well either.

    Hope this week will be filled with more books and happiness for you!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a lot of people complaining about damaged CC books, but I'll cross my fingers yours arrive fine!

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!