Saturday, May 6, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The ApollyCon Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oh, boy, am I in trouble. I have waaaaay too many books right now and only a very small bookcase to put them on. ApollyCon was a crazy time and I came back with 26 books I didn't have last week. Yikes. I've got to figure out what I'm going to do to make space for these things. But that involves a lot of effort, and I've just been feeling so lazy lately. Plus, work is about to get insane, so I'm taking it easy while I can. Self-care before things go boom!      .


I don't think I'm going to talk about every book I received at ApollyCon this year. Not because I don't want to, but because I'll have my wrap-up post to share what I got at each event. My first post should go live next week, if I write it by then that is. It'll cover the day I received a good portion of the 26 books. For now, I'll just mention that I got the A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire, A Light in the Flame, and Frost and Fire ApollyCon editions.


Next, I have the only non-ApollyCon-related physical book I got. Slaying the Vampire Conqueror by Carissa Broadbent was a Barnes & Noble 25% preorder sale purchase. Actually, I preordered it a day before it released. I've been hearing a lot of good things about Carissa Broadbent's books, so I decided to go ahead and get this one in addition to the one I bought back in April. And no, I haven't read her books yet. I'm just a hoarder. Oh, I also received a hardcover of ASITE I ordered from Amazon.fr (not pictured), but it was the wrong order. I tried to cancel it, but it was too late. Now, I need to see if I can return it. Ugh.

And this is another Prettygal Pins tarot card order that arrived. It's part one of the Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon set. I'm not feeling these ones as much as the book-ish sets. I guess because Game of Thrones is a visual thing, so I already have the characters appearances laid out for me. Also, I wasn't anticipating getting a Theon Greyjoy. I don't really like that. Haha. I'm curious to see which characters will be in the second deck, though. I'm guessing Sansa, Cersei, Tyrion, Rhaenyra, and Bran. The others, I'm not sure about.


And now, I have my favorite things I got at ApollyCon. Jemlin, the artist, created full-body versions of the FBAA characters for the Blood Forest event, and the JLA Shop sold shelfie/standee versions! I was so happy when they announced this! I mean, look at them! They're gorgeous! There's Vonetta in wolven form, Poppy with her Maiden outfit, Delano in wolven form, Kieran, Poppy, and Hawke. And I can't wait to see if the shop gets more in the future! I'll collect them all!


And lastly, I have some Kindle Unlimited ebooks to share. I came back from ApollyCon absolutely exhausted, so I decided to read some quick contemporary MM romances. The first was Garron Park by Nordika Night. This one was good. It's about motocross racing and boys that live in a trailer park with bad parents. I wish the sequel was out already. The other was a soccer enemies-to-lovers story called Savage Rivals by Becca Steele. It wasn't quite as good, but it wasn't bad, either. It just needed a bit...more.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Wow! What a stack from Apollycon! I miss bookish events like this! I guess the baby Apollycon event, Origin Event didn't take off. I went to the one and only version of that a few years back...pre Covid, so yeah, a long time ago! Lol. Glad to see you had fun and got a lot of good books!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping JLA goes on tour (in our area) for Fall of Ruin and Wrath. I don't like having to travel so far to see her. XD

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!