Saturday, May 27, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Oops Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

As I'm typing this post, I have one more day left in a giant work grant (due Friday at 10:59 p.m.), and then I'm free! I have three days off and no major deadlines for quite a while. This project has seriously been stressing me out, so I'm glad it's almost over. Plus, Memorial Day weekend is here and I'm excited to organize and clean my place. I may even do some spontaneous furniture shopping if I get in the mood, though I've spent way too much money to justify that plan.      .


For my book haul this week, I actually have two ARCs. I don't get physical ARCs very often, so it's always a treat. I won a copy of Ink Blood Sister Scribe by Emma Torzs from the publisher, and I requested The Sun and the Void by Gabriela Romero-Lacruz from Orbit. Unfortunately, I requested The Sun and the Void by mistake. I mixed it up with another upcoming release that has a similar title and cover, Sun of Blood and Ruin by Mairely Lares. Oops. Sorry, Orbit! While I'll still give The Sun and the Void a chance, it may take me a bit longer to get through since it's not something I'm gravitating towards right now.
 

Next, I have some ebooks. I ordered the ebook of Kresley Cole's Wicked Abyss because I don't remember reading it. I honestly don't think I have. It's not marked as Read on Goodreads, which baffles me because I usually read the Immortals After Dark books right as they come out. I guess I'm going out of order with this one, since I've already read the book that comes after it. Good thing Kresley's timelines are so overlapping. I doubt I missed much by skipping this one. I also bought this because I had some Kindle credits that were going to expire at the end of the month. In addition to Wicked Abyss, I got Malum Discordiae by Ashlyn Drewek on Kindle Unlimited. I'm reading it now, and it's giving me major The Covenant vibes, if you've ever watched that amazing witchy movie with Steven Strait, Sebastian Stan, and Taylor Kitsch.

And here are some more Kindle Unlimited books. Or technically novellas. These things are freaking short, and I'm mad because the second one ended on a cliffhanger. Bro and the Beast is just a fun, dumb story (in a good way) about a dude who gets sucked into a werewolf-romance book and ends up being the mate of the book's hero. It's a wild ride, and book three comes out on Sunday, so I may sneak it in between the thicker fantasy titles I'm reading now.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice new reads! Yeah, I won a copy of Ink Blood Sister Scribe was well. But sadly, I just DNF it the other day after reading about 100 pages. It was just too slow for my liking despite being interested in some of the hooks it had going. But alas, I found myself already daydreaming about my next book and that usually tells me it's time to quit the current read.

    Wicked Abyss was the only "adult" book I read from Kresley. I picked it up mainly because I was told it was a B&tB retelling. I liked it, but had a few minor hangups with it.

    Hope you enjoy all your lovely new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!