Saturday, May 13, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The April Adult FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I have spent way too much money this week on preorders and a variety of other book-related stuff. I really need to slow down, especially since I just found out today that I'll need to get my car fixed soon. Ugh. Stupid cars. Why do they have to be so high-maintenance? Don't they know money is supposed to be for books?      .


First up, I have the French edition of The Crown of Gilded Bones. It may not look super different from the regular US version (except for the title), but on the naked hardcover, there's some pretty foiling. I also accidentally ordered a hardcover of A Shadow in the Ember from Amazon.fr because I thought it would be the pretty foiled edition too. But it turns out that that particularly copy isn't releasing until later this year. I tried to cancel before Amazon.fr sent this version, which I think is the Australian hardback, but I was too late. Thankfully, they refunded me and let me keep the book, as shipping it back to them wouldn't have been worth the price. But I'm sure I can find a fanart dustjacket or two that may need a hardcover, so this extra edition might come in handy.


Next, I have a few of the last three books in Kresley Cole's Arcana Chronicles. I watched Kresley's recent Q&A, and I just couldn't put off buying these anymore, despite making a deal with myself to wait until I'd started my reread of Poison Princess to purchase them. I really don't want to do a reread of all of the first three books in the series before I can find out what happens, but I have to. I don't remember the details, since it's been so long since Kresley last released an Arcana book. Wish me luck with that task. I feel like I'll need it.

And here is Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros, which I preordered during a 25% off B&N sale. I also received the April Adult FairyLoot book. And, what the heck did they do to that book?! The original cover is so fun and whimsical! And this just looks so bleh and boring. I haven't read the book yet, but I have a feeling once I do, if I like it, I'll be getting rid of this edition and just buying the regular US hardcover. FairyLoot really made a poor choice this time. Yikes.

And now, I have some Kindle Unlimited books. I, like most of the Booktok community (I don't make videos, I just watch them), have been into hockey lately. So I downloaded some MM hockey books and read them. These are fun, but they are getting repetitive. It's pretty much the same book each time only with two main characters that have different names. Oh, I also read these way out of series order, as Line Mates & Study Dates is book four in the series, and Puck Drills & Quick Thrills is book five. And then I read the spinoff, Egotistical Puckboy, and, after that, I started reading the one below, Foolish Puckyboy, which is book four of the spinoff series. I'm reading that one now. Then, I think I'll need to take a break from the hockey romances, or at least this particular author duo.


And lastly, I have more Kindle Unlimited books. Well, one more that I haven't talked about already. I downloaded What Hunts Inside the Shadows, book two of the What Lies Beyond the Veil series, because I didn't want to forget that I still need to read the rest of the books in the series. Though now, I'm unsure if I'll get to read it before I possibly cancel my KU subscription. Prices are going up to $11.99 next month! I might need to take a break and just read my physical backlist. Lord knows I have enough to get through. It could last me five years at this point.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOooh nice!!! I absolutely LOVED the Arcana Chronicles! I actually just finished the last book this week. I sadly didn't have time for a re-read and I could only remember vague details about the last book, so I just dove in and hoped for the best! Luckily, I didn't too bad on the memory front! Although, just to check, you know there's "7" books in the series right? Day Zero is a novella between books 3 & 4. Arcana Rising is the 4th book of the series and was the first "full length" book published with the indie press where the first 3 were the mainstream publisher. Just didn't want you to miss one since this part of your haul is books 3.5, 5, & 6 of the series. ;)

    The rest of the books are totally new to me ones except for Fourth Wing which I impulse purchased last week as well! Saw so many people talking about it and it sounded really good, so I just bought it. My cc bill is going to be disastrous this month with all my impulse purchases...plus Mother's Day, and my mom's birthday is early June, so I bought that gift early when I was shopping for Mother's Day...needless to say it's not going to be pretty! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all your fantastic new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my bank account is crying this month. Way too many special edition sales and goodies in May.

      I do know about the other Arcana book. I just didn't own these three. For some reason, I bought Arcana Rising and not Day Zero back when it released. 🙃

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!