Saturday, September 24, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Post-Disneyland Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I went to Disneyland last weekend, so forgive my lack of a post. Plus, work was crazy the entire two weeks after Labor Day. It was difficult for me to make myself stare at a screen to write up anything after I'd just been staring at my work screen for 8+ hours each day, including the weekends. But let's get to the fun stuff. Books! And Disney swag!


I actually didn't buy that much at Disneyland. I knew that I wouldn't when I was looking up their popular for-sale items online. I just never saw anything I truly wanted. So I decided I'd get a pin and a T-shirt. The pin is of characters from The Sword in the Stone. It was relatively easy to find, but I would've preferred a pin of the actual Sleeping Beauty Disneyland castle. They didn't have one of those for some stupid reason. As for the shirt, that was really hard to find. I didn't know what kind I wanted going in, but holy cow does Disney have some ugly T-shirts. I ended up seeing a guy with a Pizza Planet shirt walking around and, once I realized there weren't any good regular Disney shirts, I decided the Pizza Planet shirt would be cool. It's also red. I don't have a lot of color in my clothes, so that's nice for my wardrobe.

Next, my Plated Prisoner cupcake pin from A Touch of Magic Designs came in along with my print order of Poppy from FBAA. They're very pretty. ATOMD also sent along stickers of Poppy and Hawke. I don't own the shelfie versions of these characters (mostly because Hawke doesn't look right, imo), but I'm glad I have them in sticker form now at least. And that they were free. I'm also glad I didn't end up with another SJM couple like the Elain and Azriel ones I got last time. Nothing against SJM, but I get tired of seeing all the freebie SJM items in my purchases.


My August Adult FairyLoot box came in last week. And wow! This book is beautiful! I didn't think it was that pretty when I saw photos online, but in person, it's amazing! I'm nervous about Babel, as I have mixed feelings about R.F. Kuang's Poppy War trilogy so far. I'm definitely hoping this one has less violence and constant battle scenes. Fingers are crossed I love it.
 

The Bookish Box sent a dustjacket replacement for their What Lies Beyond the Veil edition. I didn't think anything was wrong with the first version, but apparently there wasn't foiling on the inside reverse dustjacket (pictured here). Now though, I have an extra dustjacket for a book I don't even think I'll keep. Ugh.
 

And finally, I have a copy of The War of Two Queens that I won in a giveaway. Woohoo! It's an extra copy I plan on using for my alternative dustjacket orders. I also have a copy of Shadows that I found online for extremely cheap. It was less than $9. On Mercari, people were selling it for $30+, but gotta love those eBay small bookstore/shop sellers. They have no idea how valuable certain books are.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I would love to go to Disneyland one day! I've been to Disney World a handful of times, I think literally 5 times! Lol. I'm a Disney Nerd so I always love seeing the merchandise in stores as it's sooo different from what's available online on their website. There's so much I want to do in CA, I need to win the lottery so I can take like a month's vacation over there! Lol.

    Nice new reads! I skipped this FL Adult book as I didn't think I would like this book. It didn't sound like my kind of read. But it is very pretty looking! Yay for the different ATOMD stickers! I got this pin as well last week and I got Cardan and Jude as my sticker freebies! Totally for them, so that was nice! I feel like SJM is over done as well. I mean I like her books fine (minus TOG as I couldn't get into that one) but it is tiring that sooo many shops do her characters and whatnot.

    Hope you enjoy your new reads and goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see you loving the merch at Disneyland. I'm just super picky about what I buy when it comes to stuff like that. Which is weird, because I'll practically burn money on FBAA junk at any given point in time. Lol. And yeah, one day wasn't long enough there. I hope I can go back at some point.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!