Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Late Birthday Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Technically, my birthday was almost two weeks ago, but my parents just visited this past Sunday. Since I only received their gifts recently, this is my birthday haul. Plus some extras. I'm also kind of hoping my hauls slow down over the next couple of weeks. Not because I don't want more books, but because I need to stop buying so much stuff. Gotta save money. Boo...


My parents took me to a few different places, like the mall, Black Sheep Burgers for food, and Barnes & Noble. At Barnes & Noble, I got two books, Aurora Burning and Aurora's End, both in paperback to match my copy of Aurora Rising. I actually wanted to get the first two books in the Zodiac Academy series, but B&N was sold out, unfortunately. At least I finished my collection for this series. I also received my last Bookish Box adult subscription book, What Lies Beyond the Veil. I only kept the sub for two months. I'm just not a fan of the look and feel of their books, though I do like the titles BB chooses.

Here we have my other birthday present from my parents, a small black bookcase that was like $22 at Walmart. I only need one more taller/larger bookcase to completely fill all of the remaining wall space I have left. Yikes. After that, I'll either have to move to a bigger apartment or get rid of a lot of books. Both are not good options. Oh, and it's not pictured, but my older sister did get me a gift card to Amazon. So at least some of my future preorders will be free. Woohoo!


And this is another big expense. I preordered the ACOTAR tarot deck from Prettygalpins around the end of July, and they arrived this week. They're very pretty, though my Tamlin card did come a little messed up at the bottom. I'm hoping I can get a replacement. Eventually, I'm going to have to figure out how to display these character tarot decks. I have sets for ACOTAR, Crescent City, Kingdom of the Wicked, Zodiac Academy, and Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac right now, and they all need a place to be shown off.
 

And finally, I have my replacement dustjacket for BB's TWOTQ. I wasn't happy that BB's TWOTQ edition came with a dustjacket that had been flattened on the spine so badly, especially as my original set of the first three FBAA books have rounded dustjacket spines. So, I emailed BB, and they sent a replacement. Now, I have to find the time and the energy to fit this thing on my naked book. But that seems like a task for the end of September. Life's too crazy to do it right now.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh very nice! I still need to read Amie and Jay's latest trilogy. I thought it would be better to wait to binge it...a theme that is becoming the norm for me lately, but then I can't seem to get around to reading it once I have the series! Lol. And yay for more bookcases! I'm trying to find my own place now and I want to have at least a 2-bedroom so I can make it my library room. But alas, the market isn't in my favor...plus I just don't see anything I like where I want it and have it affordable. So the hunt continues.

    Hope you enjoy all your fantastic new reads! The tarot cards are awesome! I must have missed when she announced this set, but I can't say if I'd have bough it. There are fandoms I like that I don't necessarily buy every art piece to, but those are still gorgeous! I would want to display them somehow too. Currently, my Caraval ones are just in a photo album. So not the best display...but they are together and protected so that's a plus! Lol.

    Happy Reading!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. The market is terrible. I'd love a 2 or 1 bedroom place, but it'll probably be a long time until that happens. 😣

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!