Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2020

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Favorite Books of 2020

I was going to make a separate post for my favorite reads of 2020, but this seems much easier. I already have a layout handy. 😉

***
Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman

This book was just a fun time. It has its issues (*cough* Aurora *cough*), but the ragtag group of crew members has really stuck with me since I read it a few of months ago.
Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard

This book is kind of cheating, as I didn't really love all of the stories in this short story collection. Plus, I'd already read two of them when they were previously published. However, it was fantastic to be back in the world of the Red Queen series.
The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune

I laughed so hard while reading this book. It's so funny. Also, from here on out, all of these books were ones I rated 4.5 stars.
Storm and Fury by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The first of three JLA books on this list. Can you tell she's a favorite author?
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

This was a fantasy story with magic and magical books! Books! It was so beautiful and I cried multiple times.

The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune

Oh boy. This book made me bawl. It's so adorable and has all the found-family feels.
Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall

An awesome and surprising read for me. It was so cute and wholesome.
Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I finally finished the Wicked trilogy after reading the first book back when it originally released. This last installment was my favorite, though I'm still not completely satisfied that JLA left things so up in the air for a spinoff series that I don't really want to read.

The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty

Loved this book. Still haven't read the sequels, but I will soon. Very soon.
A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book one in this series wasn't my favorite Jennifer L. Armentrout book, but the ending really made me excited (and super nervous) for the sequel. And boy, did AKOFAF deliver. I've become obsessed with this series. Now, I'm even buying fan art for it. Something I've never done for a series.

***

Alright, there you have it. My favorite books of 2020. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about The House on the Cerulean Sea.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading Aurora Rising and I already like the main character. But I haven't read very far in it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked everyone but the title character. Lol

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice! I still need to read Aurora Rising and Sorcery of Thorns myself! Great picks!! Quite a few that are in my TBR pile I know will be faves too!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll love JLA's Blood and Ash series.

      Delete
  4. The House in the Cerulean Sea was absolutely marvelous! Great picks!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!