Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Wrap-Up & December TBR

November has been an interesting month. It started out busy, but now things have slowed down quite a bit. I’ve been reading more this month than I did in October, and I’ve finished some big books that have been taking up too much time. This means December is free for impulse reading. Yay!

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in November 

A Game of Thrones: 4 stars
The Bridge Kingdom: 4 stars
The Traitor Queen: 4 stars
The Blood Spell: 3 stars
Kingdom of the Wicked: 4 stars (my review)
The Name of the Wind: 3 stars
Let the Wind Rise: 3 stars

I read seven books this month. All of them except one were physical books. The ebook was The Name of the Wind, my book club’s autumn pick. It was a doozy to get through. I think it took me almost an entire month. A Game of Thrones was also one that took me a long time, but that was out of choice. I’m reading one A Song of Ice and Fire book per year. Hopefully, that will give Martin enough time to finish writing the sixth and seventh books (lol), so I can get a decent ending to the series.

Other than those chunkers, the other reads were kind of just books I picked up on a whim. Though, Let the Wind Rise is a last-book-in-series that I want to read before the end of 2020. Oh, and two books were books I’d owned physical copies of prior to 2020: A Game of Thrones and Let the Wind Rise. Also, I’m still very behind on book reviews. None of them are for publishers, so I’m okay with being behind yet again.

Books Bought/Received in November

I didn’t buy any books in the month of November that didn’t come in one of my subscription boxes. Well, I take that back. I didn’t spend any money on books in November. I actually got two ebooks for free: Realm of Knights by Jennifer Anne Davis and The Maiden Ship by Michelle Ryckman. Realm of Knights was free on Kindle, and I ended up getting a $5 spending credit from Amazon that I used on The Maiden Ship.

Other than those two, my Baecrate order of The Bridge Kingdom duology came in, and my October FairyLoot and November Owlcrate boxes arrived. I’m not sure if I’m keeping the November Owlcrate book, Among the Beast and Briars. It’s pretty, but the box and book itself just sound so mediocre. The October FairyLoot was Kingdom of the Wicked, which I’ve already read and enjoyed. The copy is beautiful too. Oh, I did buy some book fanart this month. A lot of From Blood and Ash art, a Daenerys art piece, and one piece of Throne of Glass art. I’ll share them sometime in a separate post.

Currently Obsessed With

There wasn’t anything major to obsess over in the month of November. The biggest thing was the series finale of Supernatural, which I thought was okay. Some people are super p*ssed about it, but I liked most of it. There were simply some nitpicks that the production and writing teams should’ve fixed, in my opinion. I’m just glad Jensen Ackles can now move on to The Boys. I’m super excited to see his superhero suit.
 

My mom and I also finished watching Buffy and Angel. Since this was the first time she watched both shows, she got to see the ending for the first time as well. She wasn’t super satisfied with either of them. I understand that for Angel, but I thought Buffy had a good ending. And finally, The Office is coming off Netflix at the end of December, so I’m re-watching the show for maybe the last time in a long while. 

Currently Reading/December TBR

I only have one book that I need to read this month, Cast in Firelight (not pictured), since it’s a review copy. And, since I have the 2020 goal to read as many endings to series as possible, I’d like to finish United by Melissa Landers. Other than those two, I have A Warm Heart in Winter, A Court of Mist and Fury, and Lady Midnight on my list. ACOMAF and LM are ones I’ve started already, but I just can’t seem to get through, even though I really want to. ACOMAF because, while I don’t like the main couple, I think I’ll really like the side characters and the spinoffs. For LM, I just want to see if I can get back into the Shadowhunter world, especially since I enjoy Magnus and Alec.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of November, plus some December sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for this month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!