Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Top 10 Books I Hope Santa Brings

It’s Top Ten Tuesday time!

If you’re unaware, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly original feature created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it’s now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there’s a new Top Ten theme that the blogger responds to with their own list of answers.

This week’s theme is… *drumroll please*…

Books I Hope Santa Brings

I actually have a Christmas list I make for my mom... Err... I mean SANTA every year, so this one was super easy.

***
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I just want book one, three, and four of this series, as they're in matching hardcovers. However, I was hoping for a boxset of all of these. I am unsure if that will happen, so I told "Santa" to not worry about this series. We'll see if "Santa" listened.
 Wolfsong by TJ Klune

I have the first three books in this series on Kindle and the last book in paperback. *sigh*
The Kinder Poison by Natalie Mae

I asked "Santa" for this one because I've heard it compared to Aveyard's Red Queen series. Yessss.
Dark Age by Pierce Brown

I still haven't read the Red Rising spinoff books. I'd like to binge them when they're all out.
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Haven't read this series, and I think I might like it. Or maybe not. It has pretty fan art, however, and I want to look at it without fear of spoilers.
From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I've read this already. I can't decide if I want a hardcover copy, though. I feel like FairyLoot may be getting special editions, so I kind of hope I don't get it in a way.
Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

I just feel very in the mood for this one now. I doubt "Santa" buys this for me, though. "Santa" doesn't like snakes.
Jade City by Fonda Lee

I've heard very good things about this series, and I want to give it a try. However, I bought a cheap Kindle copy, so no biggie if I don't get the hardcover. I can see if I enjoy the content before I invest in $30 adult fiction books.
Morning Star by Pierce Brown

I've been asking for a hardcover of this book for years.
Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I've read this series already, but I want the new covers. The cover redesign for the series was definitely for the best. I also need like 70% of JLA's books in physical form. I've read a lot of them as ebooks and library copies, but I'm a collector. I needs my pretties.

***

Alright, there you have it. My list of books I hope Santa brings me this Christmas. What did you put on your list? Let me know in the comments section.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you adore all of these books.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand putting specific covers on your wishlist! I hope you get the ones you want. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Only book bloggers/collectors can understand. :)

      Delete
  3. I ask my kids to make lists of Christmas gift ideas for them every year and they NEVER do it! I'm glad you're obedient :) You're definitely more likely to get what you want when you make an actual list. Someday, my kids will learn this lesson.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I usually start in August, but I'm organized like that. XD

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many good things about so many of these books! I understand why they made your list. I hope you get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I bet I get maybe two or three of them. I usually put too many on my list for "Santa" to get them all. ;)

      Delete
  5. Ooh nice picks!! Seeing lots of good ones here. And I still need to read From Blood and Ash, though the little bit I have heard about it...it's definitely one that needs to be binged! Lol. I didn't hear the buzz about that series with Fairy Loot though! Definitely intrigued now! I bought paperbacks from JLA's shop so I could get signed copies but I was kind of wanting hardcovers because I think they'd be easier to read and wouldn't break the spine! Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA made a comment about FL having contacted the FBAA publisher. I'm hoping things work out. I had paperbacks of the first two (I gave FBAA away, so now I only have book 2), and I'll order hardcovers if the FL thing doesn't work out.

      Delete
  6. I have An Ember In The Ashes on my TBR shelf. I just need to find the motivation to read it. I hope Santa brings all these for you!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!