"Stacking the
Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book
buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving
community.
This week has been fairly quiet for everyday life, but, Taylor Swift came out with four more songs, so the week of theorizing ahead of time and then listening to the songs on Friday made it an interesting five days at least. I will say, the songs aren't what I expected. There are also only four of them, so I've heard them so many times now that they're getting repetitive. I need a break. Lol.
As for the books I received this week, The Inked Pages' editions of Blood & Ash books three and four arrived. I was wondering what this was when I looked on Informed Delivery. I didn't receive any tracking emails for it or have any clue that it was shipping. I don't really like that, but I'm glad it made it to me safely. I do really like these editions, though, with the minor exception of the gold foiling that's all over them. I think Inked Pages could have toned that down just a bit. The prints are a nice addition to the box too. Very pretty.
Up next, I have my Barnes & Noble preorder of Harbinger by Geneva Lee. I'm really excited for this one. I doubt I get to it for a while, but it sounded good when I first read a snippet of the synopsis. I don't really remember what it's about now, but at the time, I thought it sounded great. Also, my copy arrived fairly dinged up. I thought about asking for a replacement, but I just didn't want to go through the effort of returning it. I think I'll just read it first then decide if it's worth it to purchase a better copy. I might try to get it on Book Outlet or when B&N has their sales.
And finally, I have a preorder incentive for Jasmine Mas' The Emperor's Enemy. I was really looking forward to this one. That artwork on the print is amazing! I need to get to this book soon because it sounds so good, but that the same time, who knows when book two will be out. I've definitely become one of those people who prefers to binge my series now. I think it's because there are so many books releasing now versus five years ago when it was easier to remember storylines because you got 1-2 good releases a month, whereas today it's more like 10-15. That's a conversation for another day/post, though. Oh, and I did want to mention that I received the Target edition of Raven Kennedy's The Sweetest Fiend, but it arrived destroyed, so I have a replacement on the way. I'm crossing my fingers it's not damaged.
Well, that's all for me. What books have
you bought/received lately?



Oh nice! Yeah, I hate when books arrived damaged. My B&N The Wretched Divine arrived with a damaged corner. I was going to run to the store on my lunch break for a replacement, but the first day I got super busy then Thursday I saw that they did not have in stock according to the website. I'd have to drive another 10-15 minutes past that one to the next one to maybe get a copy and work has been sooo busy, I just couldn't swing it since Thursday was when Adalyn was coming to St. Louis on tour! So I had to just deal with the ding. I'll get used it. Lol. I also spontaneously ordered a copy of Harbinger because the blurb sounded good and I think she'll be at a signing I plan to go to in November, so I am hoping to get to that one beforehand! Lol. I also got the Mas preorder incentive and now thinking I want to pick up the B&N edition before it possibly vanishes. It's hard to tell with B&N and when copies might disappear. I also hope to read it asap to assure that I want the multi-copies! Lol. Yeah, book releases are getting soo crazy these days, but I love it as I can still remember the early days when I would go months without anything new to read. I call those the Dark Days. Haven't had one of those since 2010 so I'm doing good I'd say! Lol.
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy all of your lovely new reads! I know I'm looking forward to reading a few of them myself! Happy Reading!
My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower :)