Saturday, February 10, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Untitled Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I can't believe February is already almost halfway over when January took 8,000 years. Like last week, I don't think I did much. Just worked, worked out, slept, ate, rinse and repeat. I'm ready to decompress this weekend, though. I plan on finishing up House of Flame and Shadow and taking many naps.


My FairyLoot January Adult sub was delivered to my parents' house, and they came by this week and were able to drop it off. The book is The City of Stardust by Georgia Summers, which has an awful cover. Honestly, I think it's just the shiny font. It's giving "Graphic design is my passion." Honestly, the regular cover is prettier, so I'll be turning this one inside out to show the reverse dustjacket. 
 

I downloaded what will probably be my last book from Kindle Unlimited, Phoenix Chosen by Ashe Moon, this week. I canceled my KU sub and it ends February 14, I believe. So I need to read this one quickly if I want to get it done before then. I need to read some of my physical books and Amazon is a shady company, so I thought it'd be better to just cancel. If I want an ebook, I can just buy it. 
 
Well, that's all for me. Let me know what books you have bought/received lately.

2 comments:

  1. Nice new reads! Yeah, I ended up cancelling my Fairy Loot adult subscription as the book picks were more and more ones I just wouldn't choose for myself. I feel like that cover isn't too bad, but the overly shiny font is a little much. But I am not familiar with the book so I don't know what the original cover looked like either.

    Yeah, Amazon is getting more and more greedy it seems! I didn't mean to place a larger book order with them but when I won a gift card I figured I might as well since they had some books on sale. I'm not good with kindle books it seems though. Lol. It always takes me way longer to read them than if I read them as a real book. I can't figure out why this is!

    Hope you are able to read and enjoy this last one before your subscription ends! Hopefully the reverse of the Fairy Loot dust jacket is pretty enough, or at the very least the naked hardcover since they've been doing more and more with those lately! With some of my current Fae Crate books I've been reading, I almost want to toss the dust jacket entirely because the naked hardcover is so pretty and the covers are just blah. They're the original cover designs and they're kind of terrible. The reverse is mainly art and then I wouldn't really know what book it was off the top of my head, but then if I toss the cover I lose the cover description. It's weird because I'm weird and don't want to lose that kind of info, lol.

    Hope you have a great week ahead!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't canceled yet, but we'll see. I still have 4 skips left until then. Haha. 😄

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!