Saturday, February 3, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The HOFAS Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been two weeks since I actually received a book in the mail. That's pretty good. Honestly, I'm hoping to slow down my purchasing a lot in 2024. I don't think that's super realistic for me, but I'm going to pretend to make a good effort at it. As for my regular life, nothing amazing to note there. Just chugging along. Though I was selected as an ApollyCon volunteer for 2024, so that should be fun.
 

So I kind of lied. I did actually get a book last week, but it was damaged in transit (stupid, rain), so I had to get a replacement. That was Gothikana by RuNyx. My copy not only was completely soaked through, but it also had a major dent on the bottom that had likely occurred before the book was even packaged. Yeesh. B&N, pull yourself together. But, they sent me a replacement that looks great, so I can't complain too much. My copy of House of Flame and Shadow also arrived. It's freakin' ginormous. Ugh. I don't even want to read it just because it's so long and I know it'll take SJM five more years to get book four out. Boooooo...
 
Well, that's all for me. Let me know what books you have bought/received lately.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah B&N has been really bad with mailing my books out lately. Currently my copy of HOFAS has been sitting at a PO since 1/31 waiting to be "accepted" after it was "received." It's driving me freaking nuts! I used to ALWAYS get my new releases on the Friday of release week. Now they are coming weeks later! The last one I had to wait 10 days post release day to get a replacement ship which took OVER a week to get to me and then my original one showed up the day after I had to request a replacement. So I'm getting a mite aggravated with them and their member shipping because something is not working here.

    I thought I heard that this was the last book of the series. Did I hear wrong? I actually thought it was a B&N email calling it the "finale." I mean I'm anxious to get my copy since it was one of the special editions as well. I can't handle checking tracking everyday and everyday it says it will be delivered that day even though it hasn't moved since 1/31! I try to be understanding when places are short staffed, but somehow the PO can process every other order of mine lickety split and it's delivered on time, but when it's a book? No matter who's shipping it, they are always, always late in delivering it. It really ticks me off. I'd pretty much rather get everything else late and get my books on time! Sucks when B&N emails me Thursday with the "TOMORROW IS THE DAY!" email and tomorrow ends up not being the day, nor the next day either! So yeah, I'm like the last reader alive who will get their copy of HOFAS!

    Hope you enjoy your reads once you get to read them!! *sorry for my ranting, I'm likely to rant in my post once I start writing it after this too! Lol.


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 90% sure there's another book. But I could be wrong. My friend told me things aren't wrapped up in this one.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!