Tuesday, February 6, 2024

January Wrap-Up & February TBR

Well, the first month of 2024 has officially ended, and I feel like I barely did anything worthwhile. I basically just worked and vegged out the entire time. There's more sunshine out now, though, so hopefully that motivates me to get things done. I definitely feel less energized when it's dark outside.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in January

Gold: 4 stars

Another month where I only read one singular book. Good grief. To be fair, it was a long one, but I really need to pull myself together. I've just had such a terrible time with finding books that actually interest me. I want stuff similar to Silver Under Nightfall, Crossing Acheron, and/or the Beautiful Monsters series, but there's nothing really like that that I've been able to find. Again, to be fair, I haven't looked very hard, though. I've been too distracted by TikTok.

Books Bought/Received in January

I don't have a ton to talk about this month, thankfully. I've been pretty good at limiting my book orders so far this year. I hope it stays that way, but now that I'm going to ApollyCon, I'm not sure what will happen. I'm volunteering, but still... There's potential for financial disaster. In total in January, I bought four books and received four books, all of which were physical copies.

All of the books I received in January were FairyLoot preorders. They included the Red Rising trilogy and the December Adult book, Faebound by Saara El-Arifi. I didn't receive any of the books I ordered in January within the month of January, however. They either came in February or are set to come at a later date. Those include two Barnes & Noble orders, Gothikana by RuNyx and House of Flame and Shadow by Sarah J. Maas, and two FairyLoot orders The City of Stardust by Georgia Summers, and Tales of the Celestial Kingdom by Sue Lynn Tan. The City of Stardust was the January monthly book and Tales of the Celestial Kingdom was a preorder. Oh, technically I guess I did receive a copy of Gothikana in January, but it was water damaged, so the replacement version didn't arrive until February.

Currently Obsessed With

I actually have new things to talk about this month! Woohoo! Though I am still watching The Office reruns. No big changes there.

I started watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix in mid-January. I'm on the last episode of season one, I believe. I think there are four seasons in total, so at least I have something to watch for a bit. I also binged the entirety of Netflix's The Night Agent with my parents on a random Saturday. We started episode one in the morning and didn't stop watching until we'd finished episode ten at 8 p.m. that night. Oh, and the night before, I'd watched a bit of Queen Charlotte with my mom. She hadn't watched it, so I just introduced her to the series.

January TBR


Super big surprise, Charm by Tracy Wolff is on this list. Yes, I still haven't finished it even though it's been like six months. Ugh. I'm going to read it, it's just not calling to me right now. I also need to read A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle L. Jensen, as it's a NetGalley review ARC, and I need to read House of Flame and Shadow for my book club. The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards is a book I started during a reading slump that I'd also like to finish. I'm almost 100 pages into it.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of January, plus some February sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!