Saturday, November 4, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The AFITF Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, October is over. It's Christmas season! While I do love the Christmas festivities, I do not have the energy to buy presents this year. Ugh. People may just be getting gift cards from me. As for the most recent holiday, I did nothing special for Halloween. I just ate candy in front of my TV in my pajamas. It was very attractive. Lol.


As for books, I had two Barnes & Noble deliveries, neither of which should be a surprise. My preorders for the regular hardcover and the B&N hardcover of Jennifer L. Armentrout's A Fire in the Flesh arrived Friday. I really wish B&N had some faster shipping. I don't like ordering books from Amazon unless I just have to (e.g., independently published), but B&N takes sooo long. At least I'm not as excited about the Flesh and Fire series, so I don't have to worry about downloading the ebook to read this one day-of like I do with the regular Blood and Ash series. My Chest of Fandoms German order for A Light in the Flame also arrived. Well, technically, it was delivered to my parents' house and they dropped it off.

 As for ebooks, I have two for the week. I downloaded Blurred Lines by Andi Jaxon and Danger Zone by Brooke Blaine on Kindle Unlimited. Blurred Lines is the sequel to a MM hockey romance book I read earlier this year. I think it follows a different couple though. Also, this is a special edition cover. The regular cover is a bit spicy. Not terrible, but more skin is showing for two characters than I normally show on my blog. I think... I honestly can't remember if I've shared other spicy book covers here or not. I've been blogging for so long. Danger Zone's cover is on the edge a little too, but I figure most everything is in shadow. Plus, it didn't have another US cover.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on B&N's shipping speed! I really wish they could guarantee release day delivery like Amazon does. I mean, that's why I bought books from them for so long. But then when their prices were no better than cover price, I quit. Speed doesn't matter much if the price is the same. I guess that was another factor, but yeah. I wish they could ship the books sooner so that preorders are delivered on release day. I mean I know the stores get books early as sometimes they are put out early, so it's not hard to believe that they couldn't develop Amazon's process. But what do I know? Nothing really! I am sure there's a specific reason as to why they wait until release day, I guess because that's when they charge you and it is better for the author's sales? Which I am all for, but yeah, I feel like speed should be quicker especially since they raised membership cost!

    I just opted for the standard edition of AFITF this time around. Though I did decide to go with BAM as they had a signed copy! Which they ship relatively fast as I believe I got my copy on Wednesday, which I wish B&N could do as well! Wednesday is nearly as good as Tuesday! Lol!

    Your ebooks are totally new to me ones but I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!