Saturday, October 28, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The FairyLoot Overload Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I'm having an interesting time right now. I've been on TikTok watching Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce videos practically 24/7, but I did manage to finally read something that I liked. Hopefully that means I'm getting out of this godawful reading slump. Oh, my older sister came to visit this past weekend too, that's why I didn't post an StS. I also only had one ebook to share, so it wasn't worth the effort.


I had quite a few deliveries show up at my parents' house while I was on vacation that I was just able to pick up this past weekend. It's some good stuff too. My FairyLoot order of the first three Vampire Academy books arrived, along with the September and October Adult books. They're all very pretty, though I think I prefer the Waterstones edition of The Hurricane Wars, which you'll see below!


And next up is the Waterstones edition. I just like the lighter color scheme of this one versus the FairyLoot edition. I actually think I might sell the FairyLoot copy since I like the Waterstones one so much better. But, I'll wait until I read it to officially decide. I had a Blackwells order of Throne of the Fallen by Kerri Maniscalco arrive and a B&N preorder of Night of the Witch by Sara Raash and Beth Revis as well. And 10 Things That Never Happened by Alexis Hall was a B&N preorder that was actually delivered to my place instead of my parents'. Yay for progress! My JLA FORAW preorder incentive bookmark was shipped to my parents' house though. Sigh. One day I'll get all my orders to go to my own house. Maybe.


Next, I have the last Brandon Sanderson box for the year: The Sunlit Man. Have I read any of the books from Sanderson's Kickstarter yet? Nope. Will I one day? I hope so. I think I'm going to wait until the first five Way of Kings books are all out, so then I can get into the overall Cosmere story without having to read Mistborn. I read the first book and it was fine. I just don't want to reread it anytime soon to finish up the trilogy + spinoffs.

 As for ebooks, I have three. I downloaded Violent Demand by Ariana Nash on Kindle Unlimited, and it's been the book that's helped get me out of a slump a bit. Thank goodness. I was sent The Fall of the Orc by Finley Fenn for review, and it was good. I also was able to get a copy of Rin Chupeco's Court of Wanderers on NetGalley!!! I plan to read it as soon as I finish another NetGalley book that's releasing very soon. Ugh. I'm so behind on reviews.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh very nice! I really liked the FL VA books! That was one of my first "coming back to YA" books I read. It was actually the first one I read that got me back into YA as at that time I remember there being next to NO paranormal or fantasy books. It was all contemporary and I couldn't handle that genre anymore so I turned to "adult" books. So VA has a very special place in my heart and I cannot wait for the next set to complete the series. I just hope they don't do Bloodlines...only because I know I'll want to get them but wouldn't be able to afford it! Lol!

    Some new to me books sprinkled in here, I know Maniscalco of course, and have seen the new Raasch/Revis one too! Hurricane Wars is another I keep seeing but don't know much else about it. But it looks like you got a nice set of reads these past 2 weeks! I hope you enjoy them all!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!