Tuesday, October 17, 2023

September Wrap-Up & October TBR

I'm back! Yay! I know I've already said it in my last post, but it is nice to be back to the regular routine. My trip abroad has definitely confirmed that I'm definitely an introvert. As I mentioned, I went on a vacation at the end of September/beginning of October. My friends and I went to Iceland for 1.5 weeks. And it was great! Hectic, but great. I might share some pics in a post later. I haven't decided yet. It's been tough to get myself to blog or even just read lately. But anyway, my vacation is the reason this wrap-up is so late.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in September


The Tragedy of Felix and Jake: 3 stars (KU)
Gravity: 3 stars (KU)
Salt Kiss: 4 stars (ebook)
Wayward: 3 stars (KU)
American Queen: 3 stars (ebook)
American Prince: 2 stars (ebook)
The Fractured Dark: 3 stars (NetGalley, my review)

I read seven books in September which is actually way more than I thought I had read, considering how busy I was. All of them were ebooks, though, so no checking any off my physical TBR. Sigh. Three of the books were Kindle Unlimited downloads: The Tragedy of Felix and Jake by J. Daniels, Gravity by Tal Bauer, and Wayward by Mary Calmes. Three others were ones I bought on Kindle: Salt Kiss, American Queen, and American Prince by Sierra Simone. And the final read of the month was completed right before I left on my trip so I could squeak in a review last minute. That was my NetGalley ARC read of The Fractured Dark by Megan E. O'Keefe.

Books Bought/Received in September


September had a lot of special edition preorders come in. And I was too busy to really appreciate them all. But they're all very nice looking. I also bought too much. Big surprise there. Not. Anyway, I bought 21 books and received a total of 13 books in the month, but while I say I "bought" 21 books, a lot of them were free.

The 21 books I bought include seven preorders that haven't arrived yet or just haven't received yet. Those include the September FairyLoot adult book, a special edition preorder of the Lux series (five books), and the Bookish Box edition of ASOAAB. Oh, and I also didn't technically receive The Scarlet Veil until October, so it falls into this category as well. The other other 13 books include three editions of Fall of Ruin and Wrath (regular, BN, and Indigo), A Fire Endless paperback from BN, and Salt Kiss from Amazon Kindle. Now, the remaining books were all free for a variety of reasons. I got three books for free using Amazon return/reward money. Those include American Queen, American Prince, and Slippery Creatures. I also downloaded four ebooks during the Stuff Your Kindle freebie sale and got Blood Price, On These Black Sands, Kingdoms of Shadow and Ash, and Moon Touched. I also got Immortal Reign from Amazon for free since my physical paperback came damaged. They didn't make me return it. In total, I received 26 books in the month of September.

 Now, I also received 13 books, either from preorders or review copies. They include seven FairyLoot editions: Fourth Wing, the Poison Study trilogy, and The Drowning Empire trilogy. I also received my Owlcrate copy of FORAW and my Russian edition of AKOFAF. I even had a BN August order come in September, so it doesn't count towards the September "bought" category. That order had A Restless Truth, the RWRB movie edition, and Captive in it. And lastly, I had a surprise ARC of Sword Catcher show up.

Currently Obsessed With

Last month, I had a lot going on, so I mostly mindlessly scrolled through videos on TikTok. I did manage to squeeze in a few shows though.


Okay, so I've been unhealthily obsessed with the T&T relationship. It's just so romance-book coded! I'm not even a KC Chiefs fan, though I do live in the same state. And I'm probably an average Taylor Swift fan. I don't know all her albums and songs (though that's changing in October, as I've been watching her various tour documentaries on streaming). But I've been watching TikTok videos of the couple like crazy! Ugh! I'm also rewatching Schitt's Creek when I eat or work, and I started The Wheel of Time season two in September (I finished it in October), and I'm making my way through season five of What We Do in the Shadows.

October TBR


Since it's already mid-October, I don't have a lot of time left to read everything, but there are a couple of review books I'd like to start/finish this month. They include Calamity by Constance Fay, Sword Catcher by Cassandra Clare, and The Fall of the Orc by Finley Fenn, which I'm about 70% through right now. I also want to finish Charm by Tracy Wolff. I'm only 200 pages into that one, and it's been rough trying to get through it.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of September, plus some October sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!