Saturday, November 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves: The Priority ARC Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Wow. It's almost Thanksgiving. Where the heck has November gone? I have so much to do before the holidays and absolutely no energy to do it. It doesn't help that I've been completely integrated into the world of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. Yes, it's become a huge problem. They've suckered me into their various fields, and I hate it. But I also love it. Ugh. I didn't have become-obsessed-with-a-celebrity-romance on my 2023 bingo card. Also, #CeasefireNow.


Now, onto books. I haven't been reading very much at all. Again, the TnT situation has taken over my life and all romance books (which is primarily what I read) pale in comparison. I still have preorders coming in though, and one major buy that has made me extremely happy. My Indigo order for A Fire in the Flesh by JLA arrived this week. It took way longer than my Indigo orders normally take. It got stuck in Canada for an extra week. My Barnes & Noble preorders for Iron Flame and Fangirl, the 10th anniversary edition, also came in. The Fangirl copy is so cute! It has pink and white stenciled edges. But the big news for this post is the ARC of Blood Passage by Heather Demetrios. I've been trying to find an ARC of this book for sale somewhere at a decent price for about two years now. And someone was selling it on Mercari. Gah! The hardcover got a cover change, but I loved the original cover design, so I wanted this copy, as this series is one that really inspires me when it comes to daydreaming about writing my own fantasy worlds..

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Sounds like your book got stuck at the same distribution center mine did! All my UK copies of ACFTL were held up at this sorting unit for days! It was driving me insane! I wanted to just drive there myself and say hey I can take it off your hands! Lol. Yay for finding an old ARC you wanted! I've been in similar boats where the ARC cover was just amazing and then they changed it something meh. I was luckily enough to trade for them or come across them at events. Like there was this one event years ago that literally had 2 such ARCs I wanted and was sooo happy to have snagged them in this "please take these off our hands" kind of thing! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy all your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!