Monday, January 2, 2023

November and December Wrap-Up & January TBR

I haven't done a wrap-up post since October. Yikes. Life has just been insane. I started a new job and moved back to my parents' house (temporarily, I think...), all in the span of two months. Both of which are smack dab in the midst of the holiday season and the colder times of the year. But that's okay. I ended up getting a lot of good books read during this time. With a few that'll end up on my Top 10 of 2022 list. Woohoo!

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in November & December


Dark Harmony: 3 stars
A Curse of Queens: 3.5 stars
Captive: 4 stars (KU)
Sire: 4 stars (KU)
Broken: 4 stars (KU)
Ledge: 3 stars (library book)
A Light in the Flame: 4 star
Exhale: 2.5 stars (KU)
Mortal Skin: 4 stars (KU)
Forgotten Vows: 4 stars (KU)
Zodiac Academy: Sorrow and Starlight: 3.5 stars (KU)
Spice Road: 4 stars (NetGalley e-ARC)

I read nine books in November and three books in December. The November books include Dark Harmony by Laura Thalassa; A Curse of Queens by Amanda Bouchet; Captive, Sire, and Broken by Jex Lane; Ledge by Stacey McEwan; A Light in the Flame by Jennifer L. Armentrout; Exhale by Joel Abernathy; and Mortal Skin by Lily Mayne. In December, I read the sequel to Mortal Skin, Forgotten Vows, as well as Zodiac Academy #8, Sorrow and Starlight, and Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim. Of these 12 total books, four were physical copies and eight were ebooks. One of the physical books was a library copy, Ledge; one of the ebooks, Spice Road, was a NetGalley e-ARC, and seven of the remaining ebooks were borrowed from Kindle Unlimited. The three physical books I own and read during this period include Dark Harmony, A Curse of Queens, and A Light in the Flame, all of which were bought in 2022, so no pre-owned TBR books were read this month. Boo...

Books Bought/Received in November & December


I did not realize I had a ton of books I acquired in November and December until I tried taking photos of all of them together. I couldn't fit them into one picture. So I split them up, and they're not in any particular order, though I kind of did a bit of a November/December split with some exceptions because it was just too much. In November, I bought 13 books, all of which were physical books. I bought the entire Plated Prisoner series 1-4 and The City of Dusk from Waterstones; Sorcery of Thorns Owlcrate edition from Mercari; Bloodmarked, Charm, and A Light in the Flame from Barnes & Noble; ALITF paperback Indigo edition; and ALITF regular hardcover from Amazon.  I also got Illuminaries in the Owlcrate box and Dowry of Blood and The Ones We Burn in FairyLoot's November boxes. I don't think either of the FairyLoot editions arrived in November, though. I think they both delivered in December.

I didn't buy a whole lot in December, but I did receive quite a bit due to Christmas. Oh, and throughout November and December both, I received some preorders from FairyLoot and other sub boxes that I was charged for earlier in the year. Those included the Chest of Fandoms German editions of AKOFAF, TCOGB, and ASITE; The Dragon's Promise; and These Twisted Bonds. I only bought two books in December, and those included Broken Boundaries and the LugLife edition of FBAA. For Christmas, I received The Bone Shard Daughter and A Court of Honey and Ash from a book club friend and the three Covenant books and Covet from my parents. I also won a copy of TWOTQ. So in December, two books bought. In total though, I received 18 physical books in November and December.

Currently Obsessed With

I guess in October's wrap-up I talked about finishing my rewatch of The Office and starting up Parks & Rec. Well, I finished rewatching Parks & Rec and started up The Office again. Haha. I mostly just watch it when I need something quick to turn on while I eat meals. It's also a good show to run in the background when I work from home.


Besides my continual rewatch of those two shows, I haven't seen a ton of new stuff. I did watch Wednesday with my mom over a weekend. It was fun. It actually reminded me of CW paranormal shows but with a Netflix budget. I also watched the new Disney+ show The Santa Clauses, which I finished watching with my parents on December 31st, the last day of the year. I thought it could've been better and needed less CGI, more animatronics. Oh, and my older sister forced my family to watch Spirited, the Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell Christmas musical movie. It was okay.

January TBR


New year, new TBR! That's right, I'm not taking anything from 2022 into 2023. Even if there are things I need to finish (*cough* A Storm of Swords *cough*), I'll deal with all that after ApollyCon. Right now, my goal is to read as many ApollyCon authors as I possibly can before the event at the end of April. Two of those include What Lies Beyond the Veil by Harper L. Woods and The Book of Azrael by Amber Nicole. I also need to read A Court of Honey and Ash for January's book club. They aren't ApollyCon authors, though.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of November and December, plus some January sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!