Saturday, December 3, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Waterstones Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I'm still in the middle of moving, so I won't be posting a lot. I think I'll only get book hauls/Stacking the Shelves posts out for the next month or so. Although, with the end of the year in sight, I'm hoping to get to all the year-end wrap-ups and anticipated 2023 releases posts. But those will be in January, so I have some time to get settled, thankfully.


First up, I have two random orders I made. I bought the Owlcrate edition of Sorcery of Thorns off of Mercari for pretty cheap. I've had my eye on this edition for about two years now, ever since I read and loved the book. I've been biding my time until I found it for a decent price, though. I also bought The City of Dusk by Tara Sim and Glow by Raven Kennedy from Waterstones, the UK bookstore. It's the first time I've ever ordered from there. Sadly, my The City of Dusk copy came ripped, but they're sending me a replacement.I decided to order from Waterstones because FairyLoot's reveal for their Plated Prisoner editions was very disappointing, so now I'm gonna collect the Waterstones editions. I've got books 1-3 on the way too.


Here is the Indigo edition of ALITF that I preordered. I also got my November Adult FairyLoot book, A Dowry of Blood by S.T. Gibson. I've heard good things about the book, but I'm not sure how I feel about the FairyLoot edition. I don't like the regular cover either, but I think I prefer the black simplistic look to the explosion of red. But I'll read the book before I decide if I truly want the black version or the red version on my shelves.


I had another Prettygalpins card deck arrive. Prettygalpins might as well sign me up for a regular bank withdrawal, because she cranks these things out like once every month or two and my account is feeling it. This month's order is a combination of Laura Thalassa's Four Horsemen series and her Bargainer series. I haven't read the Four Horsemen one, but I did very much enjoy the Bargainer series. I'm actually hoping there are more books in that world in the future.
 

And here, I have the November Owlcrate. I got this box specifically for the FBAA Blood Forest luggage pin. The book, The Luminaries by Susan Dennard, is pretty. It's not one I'd planned on purchasing, but I still think it'll be good. As for the other items, I like the portable toothbrush, the hot hands, and LOTR bowl. But the reading planner and soap dish are items that I'm not sure if I'll use.
 

The last thing I have is the FairyLoot edition of The Dragon's Promise by Elizabeth Lim. It's very pretty. I didn't love the first book, but I did like it enough to get the sequel. And I'm excited to finally have my own library in my new place (once I get one) to show off this special edition and all my other special editions.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh very nice! I ended up skipping that Owl Crate as I wasn't very wowed by the other fandoms other than FBAA that were to be included. The Luminaries was a great read! I loved it and that particular edition is very cool! I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!