Saturday, December 10, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Mug Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I believe by the time this post goes up, I'll have all my moving stuff complete. I think. I hope. Ugh. I'm so sore from moving furniture and boxes up and down the stairs. I had to make four 2.5-hour car trips one-way just to get all my books from my apartment to my parents' house. But they were special editions, so I justified the extra driving trips since the cost evens out.


First up is the first three Plated Prisoner Waterstones editions. I'd heard some bad things about Waterstones' shipping lately, but my copies arrived in very good condition. Woohoo! Now, I just need to get my own place and make a library where I can show them off in all their shiny, gold glory.


Next is something I actually didn't buy for myself. Thank goodness, as my wallet is really not happy with me right now. I won a hardcover copy of TWOTQ and a Casteel mug from the JLA Shop for watching the JLA Book Club TWOTQ readalong live. It came with some goodies too. Oh, and I keep forgetting to share that I got Apollycon tickets a month or so ago. So in April, I will be going back to D.C. to collect author signatures and exclusive JLA editions.

And lastly, I have some ebooks. First, is Spice Road by Maiya Ibrahim. I downloaded this one off NetGalley, since I know it's going to be in a certain book box. I'm trying to spend less on books, as I noticed while moving that I have too many unread ones. So I want to read this one before that book box sub renews to see if I should skip January's renewal. Also, I downloaded Mortal Skin and Forgotten Vows by Lily Mayne on Kindle Unlimited. These are the first two books in a fae series similar to The Cruel Prince or the Iron Fey series but new adult instead of YA.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh very nice! Glad to hear your move went well. Driving books yourself if always a good idea! I moved my own special editions myself for my first go around as well. That's exciting about your win! So cool! And lucky to go to Apollycon again! I SOOOO wanted to go next year as a TON of authors I'd love to meet are going but I ended up in ticket hell with that one and did not get any. It was a devastating day that day.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!