Saturday, December 17, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The FBAA Fiesta Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, I started a new job this past Monday. And so far, I have mixed feelings. Most days it's a 60/40 split between "What the heck did I do?" and "This is okay. It could be good." And each day varies as to which feeling is in the lead. But, I try to remember that every new job is icky at first, since you don't know anyone or anything. I think I'm going to wait until spring to get a place of my own, though, even though I desperately want my own library. I just want to feel out the new job and see if I like it.


And yes, this haul is going to be an FBAA extravaganza! I've got so much FBAA stuff to share. A lot of my various preorders came in. One of which included the Lug Live exclusive edition. Which technically wasn't even a preorder, it just took a little bit to ship out. But it's very pretty with its gold raised lettering. Also, my replacement from Waterstones of The City of Dusk came in as well.


Next up are The Dusty Shop's FBAA dustjackets. These are way prettier in person than they appear in photos. (Please ignore the plastic wrap around all of them. I don't want to take it off until I have time to put them on my extra hardcover copies.) I think my favorites are actually TCOGB and TWOTQ, which is a shame since Kieran is my favorite character. I just don't think the AKOFAF artwork captured him well. But yeah, the foiling on these is very pretty. Can't wait to see future books get this treatment!


And here are some FBAA prints I ordered. The artist is raye_illustrations on Instagram. That Kieran and Poppy one is sooooooo cute! And so is the wolven Kieran snuggle session! I don't like the white cardstock framing, though. I'll have to carefully cut that off.


And... you guessed it! More FBAA! My Alsaces swag order came in. I got some pins, prints, bookmarks, and an Atlantia train ticket. So fun! Now, I just have to keep these pretty items packed away until I have my own place and can display them properly. Currently, all my crap is crammed in every nook and cranny of my childhood room. Boooooo. 
 

The last thing I got this past week was a Kindle Unlimited copy of Zodiac Academy book eight. It released on Sunday, and I'm only like 52% through. Because it's over 1,200 pages! I'm not loving this book as much as I'd hoped to. I hate when all of the characters in this series are separated, so this installment is tough to get through right now.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oohh very nice! I just ordered this Lug Live edition of FBAA! I hadn't known it existed until I got my JLA newsletter and I was like AAAH! It's so pretty! I snagged that and the Apollycon exclusives yesterday as well and ohhhh is my cc bill gonna hurt this month as I shopped for myself and Xmas gifts this time around! Eek!

    I'm with you on the desire for a library room! I'm going to try to start looking in the new year for a place as well. Hopefully at least, it's a daunting experience and I'm only thinking about it! Lol.

    Nice new reads and art! I looooove Alsaces art as well! I've bought a lot of her Caraval stuff and am eyeing the tickets she has for that! Just waiting to see if she creates more art I can get to make the order worth the shipping cost!

    Hope you enjoy all of your new goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always wait to make a bulk order for Alsaces stuff. International shipping is 😬. I'm glad you were able to get Apollycon copies. I kind of wish I hadn't spent money on tickets now that they offer the virtual signing. I could've saved some funds. But it'll still be nice to go on a mini vacay.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!