Saturday, June 18, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The Pretty Candle Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I almost forgot to post this. I could've sworn I'd scheduled a Stacking the Shelves to go up today at 8 a.m., but I didn't realize until 6 p.m. that no post was live. Well, it's here now at least, just a few hours late, despite what the time on the post may tell you. It's lying, I was totally late.


First up, I have three books from on Amazon order. Foxy Tales by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti is a collection of short stories set in the Zodiac Academy world, along with one or two other stories set in their other contemporary worlds. It's a limited edition book that won't be up for sale anymore after this month, so I jumped on getting a copy. I'm still hoping, though, that the authors choose to do a bindup of all of their ZA novellas at some point, as I would appreciate a matching cover. I also bought the Dominique Wesson covers for The Bridge Kingdom duology by Danielle L. Jensen. I find these much prettier than the original covers.


Next is my Owlcrate edition of Book of Night by Holly Black. I ordered this thing on a whim, even though I knew the May FairyLoot Adult box would have an edition of the same book. I kind of regret that now, as I've been hearing some not-so-good things it. But, maybe if I go into it with low expectations, it'll be okay... Also, the order came with a wooden bookmark, which isn't something I'm going to keep.


And this is a candle order I made from Novelcandleco. She's selling "romance trope" candles. This one is Romantasy, and it's so pretty! I wanted all of four trope candles, but I accidentally ordered the wrong size, and before I could correct my order, the others had sold out. I hope they come back in stock at some point or it'll be a total bummer.
 

I borrowed some books from local library as well. I want to read Roshani Chokshi's Gilded Wolves since FairyLoot has special editions on sale in July. I've never read the books before, and I can't afford to take a risk on buying a series I don't care about. Therefore, I must read this before the pretty editions go on sale. Same for Scarlett St. Clair's A Touch of Darkness but for Bookish Box's June 24th sale. But honestly, I don't expect to read this one in time. I think I'm just going to have to miss out on those. 

Here are some Kindle Unlimited downloads. I've been hearing a lot about River of Shadows by Karina Halle, so I got downloaded it. I saw some very nice fanart for the book beforehand, so that encouraged me to jump on this one too. I also downloaded Finley Fenn's The Sins of the Orc. I read a book in this series recently and really enjoyed it, so when the author said she had written a story for a certain couple, I immediately added it to my library.
 

And here is the bell of the ball. Glow by Raven Kennedy is the book everyone will probably be talking about this week. I'm currently reading it. I think I'm on page 330-ish, so about halfway through. I'm glad I got to download it for free on KU, though, since I think FairyLoot will be doing special editions soon. I was hoping they'd have already announced them by now, but oh well...
 

And lastly, a new collectible. These are Prettygalpin's first tarot card set. They're of the Zodiac Academy characters. I also bought a pin of certain characters as well (no spoilers). These cards look so pretty in person. They're foiled and soft-touch. I can't wait for my Ruthless Boys set to arrive. I also ordered the Crescent City ones, but I'm not sure if I'll keep those yet... Some of the character depictions aren't quite how I picture them, like Hunt and Bryce. But then again, neither is Seth in this set. He's probably my least favorite, while Max is my absolute favorite of the deck!
 
What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I've totally thought I've had a post sent to post and it turned out it didn't! Lol. I thought it odd when I didn't see your post yesterday morning, but just thought I'd see it later!

    Awesome new haul! So many new things and wow! Yeah, I know when I read Book of Night I was a little confused by parts of it. Though I was reading it as an ARC on my Kindle which could be part of the problem with formatting issues and such. But since it's a duology, I totally plan to read the next one anyway. I still enjoyed parts of it, but perhaps it might be better if I wait to read the next book as a finished copy!

    I recently binged a few of the Persephone and Hades series. I was reading the books in the "suggested" order what with reading Persephone's book then Hades' book of the same story. So at this point, I need to read Hades' second book and Persephone's third one to be "caught up." It's not too bad of a series. I wouldn't place it on my list of all time favorites, but I am still enjoying it!

    Hope you enjoy all of your fantastic new reads...and goodies!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)


    I have yet to read this Plated Prisoner series I keep hearing about. But since my TBR pile is still out of my control, I usually get hesitant to add more big books to my plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book of Night just makes me nervous because of all the bad reviews. But I'm crossing my fingers it's good. I'm starting ATOD now, so crossing my fingers I like that one as well. ;)

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!