Saturday, June 11, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The May YA FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, these past two weeks haven't been super fun. I had an unexpected car expense, so on top of spending a lot of money on book and swag orders, I'm now having to spend money on my car. Boo. I also need to buy tickets to California for a friend's wedding. It's coming up way too soon. So basically, this means I will not be saving as much money as I'd hoped this year. Darn. I did get some cool goodies though, so that makes me happy.

First up is my hardcover edition of The War of Two Queens by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It finally arrived! And it's super pretty! I can't wait to do a re-read with the physical edition this time. Also, my preorder incentive for the hardcover, the character comic strip, came as well. While I think the artwork is cute, it's just not something I want to keep, so I'll be selling it along with a stack of other FBAA art I no longer want. (It's all starting to pile up, so I'm downsizing my collection and getting rid of stuff I'm just meh about.)


Next up is a copy of Dragon Wytch by Yasmine Galenorn. Like I've mentioned in previous hauls, I'm collecting the mass market editions of this series by hunting for decent copies in local used bookstores. Well, I finally went to one this week (not my favorite one, but the other place) to trade in some titles I unhauled. The bookstore ended up having a nicer edition of Dragon Wytch, so I snagged it. I'll get rid of my beat up copy soon. Also, my preorder of the new paperback edition of Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet came in.


And here we have the May YA FairyLoot box. It's actually a really pretty box; however, I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of the items. I don't drink loose leaf tea or open bottles enough to use the tea strainer or the Red Rising bottle opener. Nor do I really use pretty mugs all that often. I tend to use my cheap ones in case I mess the pretty ones up. So I have to decide if I want to display the Daughter of the Moon Goddess mug or use it. Or get rid of it. I will use the FBAA scrunchies at ApollyCon, though. I've already tried them out and they work really well. And the tarot cards for the month are from These Hollow Vows! Love it! Sadly, I wasn't impressed with the mythology bookmarks. The Hades and Persephone ones were better. But the main attraction for the box is the book, which is beautiful! I read an ARC of it a month or so ago and it was really fun, so I'm glad to have a nice edition.
 

Now, we have a nice list of ebooks. The first is Monsters Born and Made by Tanvi Berwah. I saw a Read Now email from NetGalley and jumped on this one, as I've been hearing a lot of buzz about it possibly being a FairyLoot YA sub book. I'd like to read it and decide if I should skip or not ahead of time. So far, every time I've done this with a potential FairyLoot sub book, I've ended up loving the book. Therefore, reading the ARC was completely unnecessary (besides getting the word out, of course). And also, I downloaded Wretched by Emily McIntire from Kindle Unlimited. 
 

More Kindle Unlimited downloads. Oath Taker by Audrey Grey and The Inadequate Heir by Danielle L. Jensen. Both are ApollyCon authors, so I would like to get to these books before the end of July. Will it happen? Not sure. I think I can do it, though.
 

And finally, we have some more *ahem* adult books. Haha. The Maid and the Orcs by Finley Fenn was a Kindle Unlimited download. I can't even remember where I heard about this, but I impulse downloaded and read it after seeing something on social media, and it was surprisingly good. I'm definitely not interested in reading the other books in the companion series, as I only picked this one up because it was a poly relationship, but I had fun with it. I also bought Hopelessly Bromantic by Lauren Blakely and Sapphire Sunset by C. Travis Rice/Christopher Rice on Kindle. Just because they were cheap.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. OOh very nice! I'm trying to remember if I was getting the Fairy Loot May book. I think I did...I thought I skipped April. I can't remember now! I know something from Fairy Loot just had a label created this week and I'm trying not to check tracking incessantly! Lol. Love seeing all your new reads and preparing for Apollycon books! One of these days I have got to go! I had always hoped the mini Apollycon they did in the Fall a few years ago (pre-Covid) would have taken off. I liked that idea and having that be the one to travel was a good idea, but with all the books Jen writes I can see why it might not be possible!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads that have yet to be read and all your other FL goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Apollycon is worth it, since it's soooo expensive. But if it is worth it, it'll make it that much sadder if I can't get tickets to next year's event. 😟

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!