Monday, August 2, 2021

June and July Wrap-Up & August TBR

Oh my! July is finally over, and I am super excited! I'm in my new permanent place, my major furniture is ordered, my stuff is mostly put away, my freelance work is complete, and now I can just focus on reading books and doing a little bit of decorating with the small space I have in my studio apartment. Life is looking up after a hectic and emotional month. But enough of that, let's get on to the books for June and July, because last month was too chaotic to get a post in. (It was pretty insane.)

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in June & July


The Covenant: 1 star
King of Scars: 3 stars
This Adventure Ends: 3.5 stars
The Cruel Prince: 4 stars
The Wicked King:
4 stars
The Queen of Nothing: 3.5 stars
Iron Widow
: 3.5 stars (ebook, review to come)
White Hot Kiss: re-read
Rule of Wolves: 3 stars

Stone Cold Touch: re-read

June was a great reading month! I read quite a few books I owned prior to 2021, and I completed my goal for reading 15 books I owned prior to April 2021. In total, I read seven books: one graphic novel, one NetGalley ebook, and six physical books overall. The physical books were The Covenant by Aron E. Coleite, King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo, This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills, and The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black. These six books were all ones I owned prior to 2021. Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao was the ebook/review copy.

For July, I only read three books, all of which were physical and two were re-reads. I finished re-reading White Hot Kiss and Stone Cold Touch, so I'm two steps closer to re-reading all of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Dark Elements and Harbinger series in order to remember what's going down in the final book, Grace & Glory. I also finished Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo for my book club's July meeting. It was...not great.

Books Bought/Received in June & July

 

Oh lord. I have no idea if I'll remember all of the books I accumulated and purchased over the past two months. Life was so insane that I didn't keep very good track. However, I'm going to give it a try. All in all, I received four books in June, all of which were physical books. Those include Witches Steeped in Gold, Realm Breaker version one and two, and Grace & Glory. Despite the giant haul, I actually only purchased three books in June: June's FairyLoot book that didn't arrive until July, the FairyLoot edition of Julie Kagawa's The Iron Raven I preordered, and Grace & Glory. The rest were preordered and only just arrived in June, like the May FairyLoot book, Witches Steeped in Gold; FairyLoot's edition of Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard; and The Bookish Box's edition of Realm Breaker that was in their June subscription box.

In July, I received 11 books, eight of which I purchased in the actual month of July.
The June FairyLoot book, Fire with Fire (not pictured), arrived in July, despite me paying for it in June, and the Fairy Trove Restock edition of Blood & Honey I bought in May arrived too. My From Blood and Ash Illumicrate box that I'd preordered in March arrived in July as well. And it's stunning! I can't wait to see what the sequels look like when they release it! I purchased 12 total books, which included a Kindle copy of Unchained by Jennifer L. Armentrout; a preorder of FairyLoot's edition of The Gilded Cage by Lynette Noni; Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo (Amazon); four books in Nalini Sing's Guild Hunter series (used bookstore); two books from Rachel Vincent's Shifter series (used bookstore); July's FairyLoot box; and FairyLoot's preorder edition of Kingdom of the Cursed by Kerri Maniscalco. I also received an ebook review copy of The Exiled Fleet by J.S. Dewes from NetGalley, and I'm super excited to get to it. It's one of my most anticipated books for the last half of 2021.

Currently Obsessed With

I have shows that I'm watching! It feels like it's been years since I've actually watched a TV show! Technically, I've only watched one new show, started watching a couple but haven't gotten very far, and re-watched one other, but the re-watch isn't The Office, so that makes it 10x better! XD

So the only new show I watched in its entirety (or a significant portion of) was Love, Victor season two. It was fun. I binged all of it in a single weekend, and it was the first show I officially watched in my new apartment. Other than Love, Victor, I've been re-watching Schitt's Creek, which I finished in July. Now, I have to find another background show to watch. Also, I did see Black Widow and I started an episode of Monsters at Work both via Disney+. I'm also slowly making my way through the last season of Kim's Convenience on Netflix.

August TBR


Lots of repeats on August's TBR, unfortunately, and I don't think I'll get to all of them. Mostly, I want to continue re-reading the Dark Elements and Harbinger series, but I probably will only get to Every Last Breath and Storm & Fury. I also have to read The Exiled Fleet and The Endless Skies by Shannon Price (not pictured), since they're NetGalley review copies that release in August. I'm also continuing my year-long read of A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin, which I briefly put on hold during my move. And finally, I need to re-read All Systems Red by Martha Wells for this month's book club with the possibility of reading the second book, Artificial Condition, if the other two members want to read it as well. We chose something short this month in anticipation of September and October's book choices being longer picks.

***

Okay, well, those are the months of June and July, plus some August sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!