Saturday, August 21, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Fan Art Addiction Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, tomorrow I turn 28. Wow. I don't feel like I've been on planet Earth for that long. Seems like just yesterday I was in college, being a mini adult. Now, I'm a full-fledged adult. Kind of.

I don't have a lot to share this weekend in terms of book haulage. It's mostly just art prints. A Touch of Magic Designs was having a sale, so I got an Emilia print from Kingdom of the Wicked, Rowan from the Throne of Glass series, and Hawke and Poppy from From Blood and Ash. Technically I already owned two of these prints, but they were odd sizes, so I got new versions that are a more consistent size with some of my other prints. I also got another print and bookmark of Cas and Poppy from Timeless Prints. I need to stop ordering so many of these things. I don't have a place to put them. I'm just addicted to the stupid things for some reason, though I will be doing a fairly large FBAA swag sale pretty soon, extra prints included, once my Bookish Box and FairyLoot special editions get to me. That way, if there's any extra swag in those boxes I don't want, I can get rid of it all at the same time.



An order came in earlier than I expected. I pre-ordered a physical copy of J.S. Dewes's The Exiled Fleet earlier this month. Barnes & Noble was having their 25% fall pre-order sale, so I nabbed this one and a couple of others you'll see later. I wanted to pre-order more and really take advantage of the sale, but I realized there aren't a lot of fall releases I'm particularly excited for. Everything is either coming in a FairyLoot box so there's no point in me buying it twice or I just wasn't super interested in pre-ordering it at the moment. That's been happening to me a lot lately. I don't like it. I want there to be more, better books releasing all the time.

And guess what else just recently arrived? Another print. *sigh* One day I won't buy so much fan art. One day. This one is by RosieThorn, and it's of course Poppy and Hawke from FBAA. While I love me some Poppy and Hawke, I really want more fan art of Kieran from that series as well as just other JLA books in general. There is totally not enough good Roth and Daemon art out there.

What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! I'm bad with fan art! I love it, but like you, I want to be able to do something with it. The few Caraval pieces I've bought, I buy in sizes that can be framed and I put those on my Caraval bookcase---which I really want to replace and get a bigger wider one with taller shelf space so the books can stand but until lumber prices go down a bit more, I have to keep waiting.

    I bought I think 7 books with the B&N preorder coupon! I was trying not to order everything since I know I still have an Amazon gift card to use. So I made sure to order books that weren't on sale on B&N or Amazon, I ordered my mass market paperpbacks for the year, which I think was really only 1! Lol. I probably should've gone further into 2022 but I honestly wasn't thinking that far in advance!

    Hope you enjoy the new read and all the gorgeous fan art!



    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!