Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, what's really got my pages in a twist is...

The Upside of Unrequited
Publication Date: April 11, 2017
Hardcover, 352 pages, Balzer + Bray
Genres: YA, Contemporary

Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love. No matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can’t stomach the idea of rejection. So she’s careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.

Then a cute new girl enters Cassie’s orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly’s cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly's totally not dying of loneliness—except for the part where she is. Luckily, Cassie's new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. If Molly can win him over, she'll get her first kiss and she'll get her twin back.

There's only one problem: Molly's coworker, Reid. He's a chubby Tolkien superfan with a season pass to the Ren Faire, and there's absolutely no way Molly could fall for him.

Right?

My Thoughts

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda was one of my favorite reads of 2015. I’m super excited to have another Becky Albertalli book out in the world. Its release means more cute, fun characters to grace my bookshelf with. ;)

What book are you waiting for this Wednesday?

6 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Not my kind of read but I do hope you positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Contemporary isn't my favorite either, but every once in a while, I like to mix things up. ;)

      Delete
  2. I have an ARC of this book! To be honest I don't really read a ton of YA contemporary - not my thing - but I might give this one a shot. I've heard a lot of good things about Albertalli's debut. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Shell. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo... Lucky. I wish I had an ARC. And yes, Simon vs. is the bomb-diggity! XD

      Delete
  3. This does look like a good read. I hope you enjoy it once you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!