Monday, March 13, 2017

I'm Going to Publishing School in NYC! ... HELP! Please?

Okay, ya'll, this is going to be a quick update post with a plea for help thrown in for good measure.

Recently, I was accepted to New York University's Summer Publishing Institute (SPI). SPI is a six-week intensive program that basically teaches its students the ins and outs of magazine and book publishing. Because my dream goal is to be an editor for a major publishing company, this is huge! I'm going to learn how to work at a job I really want!



Now, SPI only accepts roughly 100 students, so, once again, this is huge. However, there is the small problem of finances. Aka, I have very little. Okay, okay. That's somewhat of a lie. I have enough to actually pay the $5,600 for the tuition and most of the $1,800 or so for the housing. What I don't have is enough money to eat and buy plane tickets and a subway metro card and a taxi trip to my residence hall and new professional clothes and on and on the list goes.

All of that being said, I would be EXTREMELY grateful to anyone who is willing to donate even the itty-bittiest amount to my cause. I even set up a GoFundMe page for awesome people like you to do just that. You can check it out here: https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/publishing-school-in-new-york



The link is also in the right-hand sidebar of my blog, just in case the widget isn't working in the post.

I've dreamed of working in publishing for a very long time, and I don't want anything to hold me back from killing it in NYC, especially finances.

If you're thinking about donating but you have some questions, definitely leave a comment below and I'll get to them. You can also contact me through Twitter or email if you need a more private messaging system.

Also, I'm going to try to post periodically, but things are getting really busy right now. March and April are very hectic times for graduate students, so blogging isn't at the top of my to-do list. Just know that if I disappear for a while, I'm not dead (unless grad school killed me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!