Saturday, March 4, 2017

Stacking the Shelves: The My Dad Took the Pictures Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

I said last week that I probably wouldn’t have any books to haul, well, I lied. Unintentionally. I don’t know how/why it happened, but HarperTeen and Epic Reads sent me two books this week. I don’t receive unsolicited (or even solicited) physical review copies all that often, so this was a happy surprise. Thanks, HarperCollins!

Before I show the pics, I have to put a disclaimer in here that these are not my photographs. My dad took them, as the books were sent to my parents’ house. 



My dad opened the packages for me because I was too curious to wait. His phone is terrible, so the images aren’t pretty.

Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes

I think both of these are finished copies. Across a Star-Swept Sea looks like a finished paperback copy, while the barely-visible Queen of Hearts is a finished hardcover. I don’t know if AaSSS is a true sequel or just a companion book, so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to pick up book one. However, I would like to get to Queen of Hearts as soon as I’m able to (i.e. after grad school).

What books have you bought/received lately?

6 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I get surprise review books a bit every now and then too! Hope you enjoy your new lovelies once you get to read them!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such lovely books! I loved Across A Star-Swept Sea (and For Darkness Shows the Stars). Across a Star-Swept Sea is a companion novel, so you can read it without reading For Darkness Shows the Stars. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Shell. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I get surprise book mail! It doesn't happen often and I would have totally made someone open the package for me just like you did. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!