Saturday, March 2, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Visions Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well. I finally have some books to share. I haven't been posting many Stacking the Shelves simply because I haven't received anything. That all changed this week. It's actually quite bad. My poor wallet. Other than looking at my dwindling shelf space, I've mostly been working, sleeping, working out, lamenting over awful current events... you know, the usual.

Now, onto books. The biggest thing that came in this week was my preorder of Visions of Flesh and Blood. Barnes & Noble/UPS/USPS took almost an entire week to get all three copies to me, versus the four days it normally takes. I'm truly getting tired of this. Why won't B&N ship their preorders a day or two earlier? It's so ridiculous. I preorder because I want my book delivered during release week. Ugh. Anyway, I bought one of the regular VOFAB copies and two of the B&N copies. I didn't remember preordering two, but I guess I did. I usually preorder an extra when they're on sale just in case I need one for replacement dust jackets later on. My preorder incentive bookmark and temporary tattoo also came on the same day all these showed up. So that was fun.


Another package that came on the same day was my preorder of Imagine Books Shop's Lux special edition set. Unfortunately, three of my books were slightly damaged, so I'm shipping them back for replacement copies. The box was completely ripped open on one corner, so I'm actually impressed they looked as good as they did. However, Onyx and Opal made it alive and well. The box also came with a bookmark of each cover character, two replacement pages for a mix up in the printing process, one page overlay, five JLA signature bookplates, and a Daemon and Katy sticker. Overall, I'm really happy I ordered this set. The inside character art foiling looks great. I honestly can't decide how I'm going to display these. I'm kind of glad I can wait until the replacements get here before really thinking about it. 
 

I had a drop off of mail from my parents. I need to change my address for my FairyLoot subscriptions, but I'm going to wait until after I go to ApollyCon. I already think I'm going to have a few orders arrive right when I'm out of town. Boo. But, that's what sisters are for. To pick up your mail for you. Ha ha. Anyway, my February Adult FL box came. I've actually already read and reviewed this book, A Fate Inked in Blood by Danielle L. Jensen, and I very much enjoyed it. At first, I didn't love the FL cover redesign, but I actually like it now. I didn't like the original cover, so this one is nice.


And this is my last physical book for this week's StS. It's also one that my parents dropped off. This is the Bookish Box edition of the second book in Jess Wisecup's The Divine Between series, Between Despair and Hope. I read the first book last year and enjoyed it, so I got the pretty BB edition and, when it was available to preorder, I got the second book too. I think I preordered this back in August of last year, so this has taken forever. BB needs to pull themselves together. 
 

And finally, it's time for the ebooks. I actually forgot to cancel my Kindle Unlimited sub, so I still have that for another month after my free one-month grace period ended. So I went ahead and downloaded Villain and the Geek (book seven in The Wolf's Mate series) and Prince of Agony by Tavia Lark. I also downloaded The Bastard and the Heir by Eden Finley and Saxon James, but the cover is a little naughty, so I decided not to share it here. Heehee. I also hadn't realized I'd already preordered the Kindle edition of VOFAB and I ordered a Nook copy too, using B&N reward money. I'm just a mess. But, whatever, I now have two ebook copies and three physical copies of the same book. Nothing obsessive and crazy about that, right?.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh very nice! I do the same sometimes with ordering extra copies for future dust jackets! I did that very thing last year with Stephanie Garber's A Curse for True Love! Especially since she was only signing that book, I took it to the extreme had like over 10 copies with me, but 4 were for friends! Lol. I've already obtained 2 of my alternate dust jackets so it's nice being able to put them on a signed copy! I had seriously thought of ordering this Lux book set as I loved that series but the more I started at the character art the more underwhelmed I felt, so I passed. Bummer that 3 copies were damaged! Yeah I've no idea what's going on with B&N and USPS lately. With the exception of last week, to date, all of my preorders took over a week to get to me instead of 4 days as well. I do not like that because yeah, I preorder to get my book during release week too and sometimes rely on that to get them in time for signings and they've let me down a lot this year. Shockingly last week, my books did arrive on Friday but alas I had no signing, and neither book was a limited/sold out signed copy so I wasn't stressed out like I was earlier in the year! Yeah I don't get TBB's release schedule either. I preordered a set of books quite awhile ago and they still haven't shipped. I know things have to be printed and they kind of run like FL in that sense with the extra editions that are created, but sometimes I feel like they're slower than they are!

    Nice new reads! Glad you got all your copies of VOFAB! I am SOOO behind with these books it's not even funny! I wish I could read faster but all those 500+ page books are so intimidating when I read so slowly! Hope you enjoy all the copies that need to be read!


    Here's my StS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 10 is a lot. I try to buy extra copies of the FBAA books through used sites like Mercari and eBay. Trying to get them all from retailers would break me. But I guess OUABH is probably a bit cheaper because it's traditionally publishdd and YA

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!