Saturday, March 23, 2024

Stacking the Shelves: The Lux Replacement Editions

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Oops. It's been two weeks since I posted. That's crazy. Not because two weeks is long for me not to post, but because it feels like I just wrote a post two days ago. Time is really flying right now. It's been a fairly busy couple of weeks, which I'll talk about one of the reasons why down below, but I've been trying to get my life back on track when it comes to working out and cleaning/organizing around the house. It's definitely a work in progress. I've checked a couple of tasks off my list, though.

As for books, I received four this week. My FairyLoot The Atlas Complex copy arrived. Well, it was technically delivered to my parents' house, and then they brought it to me this past weekend. I really need to update my address for FairyLoot deliveries, but I'm waiting until after my trip to D.C. My replacement copies of three of the Lux series Books for Days Crate editions also came in. Two out of three of them came in perfect condition, but Obsidian has some small nicks in the naked hardback. I'm not going to try to get another replacement, but it is irritating. 
 

The big thing that happened this weekend, and why I was too exhausted to really post was these monstrosities. Yep, I ordered new bookcases. Two of them, with another on the way, though that one is for a separate room. I originally went to Menards and bought two smaller, similar shelves (4x2 cubbies vs. 4x4), but even though the box pictured black wood, the shelves were actually dark gray when I opened them. So, all of that work to get the boxes to my car and in my house by myself was for nothing. I immediately gave in and ordered the ones I'd really wanted online, and thankfully, AliExpress had a deal going on, so they weren't as expensive, but I still felt bad making the delivery driver handle the enormous packages. (I'm so sorry, UPS person!) I pretty much built most of these myself, with some help from my dad and mom at the end to get some screws in. Overall, I'm really proud of how it looks, and the best thing is, I have room for another one on the left side of my wall if I ever need more shelf space.

And now, it's time for the ebooks. Up first is the NetGalley e-ARC I received of The Sins on Their Bones by Lauara A. Samotin. It comes out in May, so I really need to get started on this one. With the reading slump I'm in, it'll take me a bit to get through it, even if the book is amazing. I also downloaded Twisted Pretty Things by Ariana Nash for free on Kindle.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for bookcases! Even better, yay for room for more bookcases! Nothing's sweeter than that! Well, maybe books to put on the bookcases, but I've a great appreciation for bookcases and room for bookcases too! That's why I was crushed when my realtor didn't get back to me when I saw a house on Zillow that I wanted to tour because they had a wall of built in bookcases. House ended up going for way more than the asking price which was one I could just afford, so I would've lost out on it anyway, but yeah, I'm still silently sobbing over that one.

    That's a bummer that one of your replacement copies was still damaged! And Obsidian on top of it! I'd want at least book 1 to be flawless, but that's just me and my OCD talking. I remembered debating hard about these ones. I LOVE this series, but I guess I just wasn't overly wowed by the cover designs and I decided to pass on them. They are really cool though. If I had cash to burn I so would've bought them despite having zero room! 3 authors I go nuts on are JLA, Maria V. Snyder, and Stephanie Garber, of course!

    I have been trying to dial back on some of my JLA copies though. I feel like I can only justify 2 obsessions! Lol. But I do want to order the new reprint of Obsidian from the publisher as I have all the editions of that series so I can justify it that way since it's from the publisher I guess. Lol. Although I didn't buy the last set of her Covenant series, though I do have the original set of that too! But I've like 2 editions of her White Hot Kiss series. So yeah, I guess I pick and choose favorites but since I was able to get so many of those signed already I'm reluctant to start new sets. Lol. Except for Obsidian though! That one I need regardless!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads and your newest editions! And of course the gorgeous new shelves! While I'm still house hunting myself, a seemingly hopeless endeavor, I am on the lookout for the library room...and maybe a Caraval room if the right house comes along and where I can already put new bookshelves too! Sadly, I haven't gotten close until my most recent miss!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!