Tuesday, March 5, 2024

February Wrap-Up & March TBR

Another month down, and I read twice as many books as I did in January. Which, unfortunately isn't saying a lot. Ha ha. But as for the personal life, I just did the same ol', same ol'. I read a little, scrolled a lot, worked, worked out, and slept. Yay.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in February

House of Flame and Shadow: 3 stars
A Fate Inked in Blood: 4 stars (my review)

I read two books in February. To be fair, one was an obnoxiously long book. House of Flame and Shadow had no reason to be over 800 pages. Honestly, at least 200 pages could have and should have been cut. And while I thought the third book was slightly better than the second one, I definitely put emphasis on slightly. I am just really disappointed in the direction the CC series has gone, and I'm not really excited about the next installment. I also read Danielle L. Jensen's new book, A Fate Inked in Blood, which I very much enjoyed.

Books Bought/Received in February

Okay, so this month I let myself get a bit carried away. I bought a total of 20 books this month and received 12. And boy, are a lot of the books I bought some expensive preorders.

As for the 12 books I received, a majority of them were preorders. The orders included House of Flame and Shadow, Gothikana by RuNyx, and five copies of Visions of Flesh and Blood (two BN editions, one regular hardcover edition, one Kindle edition, and one Nook edition). I also received my preorder of the Lux series from Imagine Books, but I had to send three copies back because they were slightly damaged, so I only got to keep Opal and Onyx right now. And my FairyLoot January book, The City of Stardust by Georgia Summers, was delivered to me in February, along with my February FairyLoot book, A Fate Inked in Blood. My Bookish Box edition of Between Despair and Hope finally arrived as well. All in all, I got ten physical books this month, and two ebooks. And thankfully, I've already read four of the books, so that's nice.

I paid for six of the 12 books that I received in February within the month of February. Those include the February FairyLoot book and all my VOFAB copies. Other than those, I had 12 other preorders, including five ApollyCon author preorders: A Kiss of Iron and Slaying the Shifter Prince by Clare Sager, Between Wrath and Mercy special author edition by Jess Wisecup, and Broken Bonds and The Crown of Oaths and Curses by J. Bree. I also had one Blackwell's order, the UK edition of Empire of the Damned, which arrived in March. As for special editions, I preordered the Chest of Fandoms German edition of A Soul of Ash and Blood, the Illumicrate editions of the Silver Under Nightfall duology, the FairyLoot edition of The Atlas Complex, and the Bookish Box editions of the Daevabad trilogy. And I have a BN preorder for Fate Breaker by Victoria Aveyard that I completely forgot about until just now.

Currently Obsessed With

I haven't been watching a lot of stuff lately. I've mostly been rewatching The Office reruns. As per usual.

Other than The Office reruns, I've been watching a lot of TikTok. And honestly, I think that's it. It's still the Taylor Swift x Travis Kelce videos. They're cute. I can't help it. It's like a real-life romcom.

March TBR

I don't have any must-reads, just a couple of things I'd like to read. Most of which are repeats and have been on my TBR for sooooo long now. That includes Charm by Tracy Wolff and The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards. I'd also like to read Visions of Flesh and Blood, the FBAA compendium book. It's not a real story, though, just a bible of the world, so it's not something that will take super long or be super interesting. There are a few diary entries and short snippets, but that's it. I also want to finish A Ferry of Bones and Gold by Hailey Turner. I downloaded it on Kindle Unlimited earlier this month, and I'm almost done with it.

***

Okay, well, that's the month of February, plus some March sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I feel like the publisher just lets SJM have at it. However long she wants to write the story, they'll print it. I read HOSAB in December and thought we could've cut at least 200-300 pages as well. So much nonsense. I'll likely save this one for the end of the year as well once I get my Goodreads goal completed as this one would ruin my reading streak and put me behind for sure! Lol.

    Hope you enjoy your reads lined out for March! I love Tracy Wolff's series! I am so far behind in JLA's that I have no clue when I will get the next book I need to read, think it's TWOTQ? I'll have to check the order as I've been trying to read the Flesh and Fire series along with the Blood and Ash one as suggested, but since I read so far between books it likely doesn't matter! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!