Saturday, August 20, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The FBAA Illumicrate Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

It's been a mixed week this week. While I have some very cool bookish things to show off (with too much more on the way), I did catch a small chest cold in the middle of the week. I'm not that sick, I just have a teeny tiny bit of congestion and drainage. I hope that by the time this goes live, I'll be back to my normal self. Work has been stressful as well. Lots of deadlines and some issues with my office space. I'm also supposed to have family members visiting this weekend, but we'll see... There's a lot going on right now.


 Here they are! In all their amazing, awesome, fantastic, beautiful glory! My Illumicrate FBAA books 2-4 order arrived the day I started feeling sick. Hurrah! I knew I was ill when I picked the box up after work and instead of immediately going to rearrange my shelves like I'd been fantasizing about, I just took the books out of the box and sat them down. I had to go lay down on the couch because I was exhausted. But once I got some energy back, I was able to rearrange. I'm still waiting on a few other FBAA orders before I go too crazy with moving things around, though. But anyway, yes, this set is gorgeous. My TWOTQ copy did come with some weird marks on it that I'm hoping Illumicrate will replace, but you can't see them from far away, so if they don't, it wouldn't be the end of the world. It'd just make me a little sad, not a lot sad.

Next, I was approved for a NetGalley ARC of Paris Daillencourt is About to Crumble by Alexis Hall. I was approved for this after I told myself that I didn't want to read any more review books right now. So perfect timing. I've got two YA fantasy books I'm trying to make my way through to review, and I'm having a tough time pushing myself through. Not because they're bad, but because I want to be reading other things. Oh, and I just realized the Alexis Hall book is a companion/spinoff book, so hopefully I won't miss anything by just jumping into book #2.

 My preorder incentive poster for Victoria Aveyard's Blade Breaker came earlier this week as well. And it's huge! Honestly, I wish it was smaller. I don't need a poster that large. But, I'll read the books before I decide if I want to get rid of it or not. It is some lovely artwork. It's just too big to be useful to me, unfortunately. I also have a Rick O'Connell Funko Pop. I've had this dude ordered for months and it just now got to me. I guess it had sold out everywhere and Entertainment Earth had to wait for a new shipment of stock to arrive.
 

And finally, I have another hardback of FBAA to add to my growing collection. I bought this one from Depop for like $13.50. I'm trying to order cheap copies of the FBAA books so I can use them for all the alternative dustjackets I either have bought or plan to buy. I'm pretty sure this copy will be used with The Dusty Shop jackets I'm going to order this weekend as a birthday present to myself (like I haven't already been ordering tons of stuff anyway, without the birthday excuse).

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice! Your haul is looking like mine for some of it! Lol. I got my Illumicrate FBAA books as well as my Blade Breaker poster! Very nice!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads and goodies! And that you feel better soon!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!