Saturday, August 27, 2022

Stacking the Shelves: The August YA FairyLoot Edition

 "Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Well, it's been another eh week. Work is stressful, but the days go by faster because there's a lot to do. I had to make a dentist appointment on my birthday because my crown fell out...again. And I have to go to the dentist to get a new crown fitted on Friday. (I'm writing this Thursday night). The only good thing about going to the dentist is that I'll be driving by my local used bookstore. So that's fun. ;)

As for book goodies, my Bookish Box copy of The War of Two Queens arrived last Saturday. Finally! Unfortunately, though, the dustjacket spine has been folded down so it's completely flat, which means it won't match the rounded dustjacket spines of the first three books. It's annoying. Luckily, Bookish Box is sending me another dustjacket, so I can fold it to match. I also got a print of the FBAA joining trio's eyes from DirtyDictionDesigns. This one is super pretty, though it is weird that Hawke's skin color is paler than Poppy's. It should be the other way around.

Next, my Kingdom of the Wicked cupcake pin from A Touch of Magic Designs came in. It's very pretty. ATOMD also sent along some swag since their shipping was later than usual. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of Azriel and Elain, so I'll throw those stickers into my ACOTAR swag pack that I need to sell at some point. The Poppy and Hawke magnet has already gone up on my fridge, though.

Three other books came in this week. And all three of them are extra copies of books in JLA's Blood and Ash world. Oops. I'm still trying to purchase cheap copies in order to use them for my alternative dustjackets. Right now, I only need two AKOFAFs, two TCOGBs, and one TWOTQ for the dustjackets I'm planning to or have already purchased. Of these three, I think I bought FBAA for $13, ASITE for under $10, and TWOTQ for $15ish.
 

And finally, I have the August YA FairyLoot box. My last full box with them. After this, I get book-only from here on out. Wow. Sadly, this month's box is one I just didn't vibe with, so everything is leaving. The book, though it had a pretty naked design, isn't as nice as the Owlcrate edition I got in their July box. And I'm not keeping two copies of this book. I also do not like ombre edges. I'd rather have plain. I did keep the Anubis mythology bookmark and the monthly theme bookmark. But that's just because they were pretty. Everything else is going bye-bye.

Well, that's all for me. What books have you bought/received lately?

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul! I'm getting a little upset with Fairy Loot for not sending the book only boxes out first. Just because I keep getting spoiled for the look of the book. I mean...why can't they just send those out first anyway since they're usually waiting on items for the box to be sent out to subscribers? It's been really annoying. My tracking hasn't even updated to tell me when I can expect my book, so I keep thinking they're sending those out last when it should be the other way around. But what can you do? It took forever for them to get to the book only option. Hopefully they will switch to that method of packing/shipping too.

    Glad you were able to snag more FBAA books this week! I pretty much do the same with buying books for alternate covers when it comes to my Caraval collection! In fact, I need to start looking for a OUABH copy...but I want to make sure I can snag an order of the dust jacket I saw that goes on sale next Thursday!

    Hope you enjoy all your new goodies!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!