Tuesday, June 1, 2021

May Wrap-Up & June TBR

Bye bye, May! It's sad to see you go, but summer is on its way! Honestly though, I'm not looking forward to the heat. While the rain here in Missouri has been tiresome, heat is icky too. But anyway, back to the bookish-related content. I'm still in the process of getting used to my new job in my new-ish city, so I didn't read a whole lot this month. I'm hoping June will change that, but I'm moving again to my permanent location towards the end of the month, so we shall see how much reading I do....

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in May


All Systems Red: 4 stars
Flash Fire: 3.5 stars (review to come)
Bone Crier's Moon: 4 stars

Like I mentioned, I only read three books in May, and two were ebooks. Artificial Condition was one I've owned since my days working at Tor, and I've only just now picked it up, simply because it's a short novella. I'm still trying to read 15 physical books I owned prior to April of 2020 before I buy non-special edition books or books that aren't on my most-anticipated list. When I made this goal, I didn't expect it to be so hard. This is taking me forever! I want to buy all of the new books, but I have to be strong and hold out! I'm currently on book #8, so only seven more to go.

The two ebooks I read were Flash Fire, a NetGalley review book, which I've already read and my review is scheduled to go up on its release day, and Bone Crier's Moon, an ebook I bought in fall of 2020. And yes, Bone Crier's Moon does count towards my 15-book goal, since I bought it last year. Thank god. Flash Fire didn't count, though. *sigh*

Books Bought/Received in May

 

This is kind of a spoiler for my upcoming Stacking the Shelves post, but oh well. In the month of May, I didn't buy any non-FairyLoot books. In total, I bought three FL special editions: the May subscriber box, which won't arrive until mid-June (ick); Realm Breaker; and Blood & Honey, courtesy of the Fairy Trove Restock. Other than those, I received 10 books in May, four were ebooks and six were physical copies. The ebooks were all NetGalley ARCs, and I got Flash Fire by TJ Klune, Endless Skies by Shannon Price, Oaths of Legacy by Emily Skrutskie, and Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao. I totally didn't expect to get approved for some of these, but I did. And I've already read and reviewed one of them! Yay! As for the physical books, I received my April FairyLoot book, Prison Healer, and my FairyLoot Iron Fey editions came in along with my Bookish Box order that came with These Feathered Flames. All of these were paid for in the months before May.

Currently Obsessed With

Well, there's no major obsessing this month. I've mostly been playing card games on my computer and reading fanfiction. It's been a pretty chill/boring month.

I'm watching reruns of The Office on Comedy Central, when they're on and I'm home from work. It was a nice surprise to see marathons of The Office on almost every day of the week. I hardly ever watched cable before, but my new temporary apartment has free cable and I haven't signed into any TV subscription apps since it's the apartment complex's TV and I'm leaving soon. I was worried with The Office being off Netflix, though, that I wouldn't be able to watch it for a while, so I'm glad I had this show to comfort me through another big life change. Haha.

Currently Reading/June TBR


I have a lot I want to get to this month, but I'm sure I'll only get to four or five. I need to read King of Scars for my book club, I'm still reading A Clash of Kings over the course of 2021, and The Covenant graphic novel is short, therefore it'll help me reach my 15-book goal. I also want to re-read the Dark Elements and Harbinger series by Jennifer L. Armentrout since the final book comes out June 1st and I feel like I've forgotten a lot of details since last summer.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of May, plus some June sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!