Saturday, June 5, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Three-Week Accumulation Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Okay, this week's haul is a little insane, but this was all delivered to my parents' house while I was working a new job in my new-ish city. Therefore, the pictured items are all a three-week accumulation of books and fan art. Please don't judge me for my massive hoarding/spending issue. Lol.

My preordered Iron Fey FairyLoot editions came in this month, and they're a lot prettier in person than what I'd seen on Instagram. Yes, they were nice looking in images, but in person, they're very aesthetically pleasing. I'm so glad I bought them.

This is my first Bookish Box unboxing. I knew going into it that I didn't really care for April's featured book, These Feathered Flames, but I really wanted the FBAA item. And honestly, I'm really happy with this box. I plan on displaying/using everything except for the bookmark and candle. I just wish the book had been something I was more excited for. However, I am still very salty that the Ascend the Throne theme card for the month featuring FBAA art was included in the March box and not the April one. It irks me greatly.



The April FairyLoot box, like 90% of FairyLoot's boxes, was late. However, I am very happy with its contents. While pins aren't my favorite items, April's was a Daevabad one, which works for me. Also, soap is kind of eh for me too, but I just moved to my own place, and having extra soap never hurt anybody. I will say that the artwork on the tarot cards and the Spinning Silver print (which was part of March's box, but it didn't arrive in time to be included) isn't my favorite. But I love the tote and the book!


Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao was the only ebook I received, and it's a NetGalley ARC. I honestly requested this thinking I wouldn't get approved at all. It seems like a big book from the buzz it's been getting on Twitter, but I was lucky. I hope to read it as soon as my 15-book buying challenge is complete.


This is all of the FBAA fan art I've ordered over the course of the past few weeks. And yes, I plan on ordering a lot more. I actually am thinking about reordering one of these prints because my mail lady bent the envelope in the mailbox and there's a small crease right over my favorite character's head. Grr... I can't decide if I want to pay $15 for another version, though. If I do end up buying another copy, I'll have it delivered to my current address where it won't be squished into a shape where it doesn't fit.


And last, but not least, I have more fan art that I decided to buy with my FBAA orders. There's a Serpent & Dove print and a The Shadows Between Us one. I also received my A Court of Silver Flames preorder pin. I have all of these preorder pins that I really don't know what to do with, as I don't have a pin banner yet. Also, what happened to character cards? Why is everyone doing pins now? Isn't it cheaper for publishers to just do paper items? Ugh.

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You did good for a couple of weeks! Liking a lot of your goodies! I love all the art too, though my problem is having the space for displaying the art. That's not always a possibility for me.

    Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!


    My StS will be up tomorrow so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have no space right now. I'm hoping to get a bigger place in a year or so that will allow me display fan art better. For now, all the artwork is in a box at my parents' house.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!