Saturday, May 22, 2021

Stacking the Shelves: The Where Have I Been Edition

"Stacking the Shelves" is a weekly haul meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality. It allows book buyers to share their accumulation of books with the online book-loving community.

Once again, I have been gone for a very long time. Not the longest time I've ever been away from the blog, but still... It's been a while since I've shown off some books. That's partly because I'm not buying a lot right now. I'm not impulse-buying until I read 15 books I owned before this resolution. Right now, I have eight to go. I also moved and got a new job recently, so I'm a tad busy figuring out my new life.


While I was figuring out my new life, I ended up straying to NetGalley. And, oddly enough, I was approved for three titles: Flash Fire by TJ Klune, The Endless Skies by Shannon Price, and Oaths of Legacy by Emily Skrutskie. I've read one of the three so far, and I hope to have my review written up for next week.

Unfortunately, e-ARCs are all I have to show off this week. I'm having most of my FairyLoot and other special editions and fan art mailed to my parents' house right now until I get settled. It'll be like Christmas when I go visit next weekend. I'll have my April FairyLoot box, my April Bookish Box, possibly my special edition Iron Fey books, and a lot of FBAA fan art. It's an exciting time!

What books have you bought/received lately?

2 comments:

  1. Nice! That's a good goal to set for yourself. My problem with buying books comes from wanting to help author sales out in their release week. Though lately, there hasn't been too many releases I need...so I guess that's good? Lol. Hope you're enjoying your new job!

    Nice new reads too! Those are new to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!


    My StS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've noticed there aren't a lot of must-buys coming out this year. Just JLA's books and a few others. It's a sign to get through some of my backlist in 2021. LOL.

      And the job is going well so far. Thanks for asking! I'm still getting used to being back in the office 40 hours a week, though. Working from home 3-4 days a week was so nice before.

      Delete

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!