Saturday, May 1, 2021

April Wrap-Up & May TBR

April is over. Wow! This month has gone by super fast. I'm both excited about that and a little sad. I'm officially starting a new job in May, and I'm moving back to my college town in the same apartment complex I used to live in during my graduate year of school. I am beyond ecstatic to have my own place, but I really don't want to pay rent again. It was nice mooching off the parents for a while. Now, it's back to monthly rent payments and utility fees. *Sigh* But, needless to say, I don't think May will be a big reading month. I've got a lot going on. At least April was a decent reading month.

In this wrap-up, I’ll list the books I read, the books I reviewed, the books I bought/received, and my TBR for next month. Now, let’s get this bookish party started!

Books Read in April


Shadow & Bone: re-read
Siege & Storm: re-read
Ruin & Rising: re-read
The Crown of Gilded Bones: 4 stars (review to come, not pictured)
The Bright and the Pale: 3 stars
The Girl the Sea Gave Back: 2-3 stars

I read six books in April. Five were physical books, and one was an ebook. The ebook was The Crown of Gilded Bones, my most anticipated book of 2021, and boy, do I desperately want the sequel ASAP. It's going to be a long year of waiting. I also reread the original Grisha trilogy in order to watch the Netflix show and discuss both the books and show with my book club. And after those major accomplishments, I read two other books, both of which were just okay: The Bright and the Pale and The Girl the Sea Gave Back.

Books Bought/Received in April

 

I only received one physical book in the mail, and that was the March FairyLoot book. I also got one ebook, The Crown of Gilded Bones. I did pay for three other book boxes, including April's FairyLoot, but none of them have arrived yet, unfortunately.

Currently Obsessed With

Unlike last month, I have quite a few things I'm obsessing over in April. Thank goodness. I got tired of not having anything to watch. Haha.

Shadow & Bone is this month's major obsession. I actually didn't expect the Netflix adaptation to be so fantastic. But I loved it. Jesper and Mal were my favorite characters, and that's surprising for Jesper since he wasn't one of my favorite Crows. I'm also watching Invincible on Amazon Prime. It's a really dark superhero cartoon that has a giant mystery surrounding it.

Currently Reading/May TBR


I don't have anything major to read this month, as I'm super busy and don't want to pressure myself. Mostly, I'm continuing to read A Clash of Kings. I also just started All Systems Red since I needed a short book to read and finish before my move, and King of Scars is the June/July book club pick, along with the sequel, Rule of Wolves. We're continuing our Grisha theme for book club.

***

Okay, well, that’s the month of April, plus some May/June sneak peeks, all wrapped up into one post. Do you have a wrap-up post for last month? If so, share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!