Thursday, August 21, 2014

Favorite YA Quotes


I'm not a huge fan of quotes. I mean, I love the written language and all that it can express, I'm just not the type of person to highlight, or post-it my favorite passages. But, I ran out of post ideas, so I thought I'd share some of my favorites, in no particular order.

“Logan Quinn was the kind of guy who could stab me in the eye with a freaking Twizzler.” –
Jennifer Estep, Touch of Frost

“You know,” Cole said. “My mom once told me a boy would know he’d become a man when he stopped putting himself first. She said a girl would come along and I wouldn’t be able to get her out of my mind. She said this girl would frustrate me, confuse me, and challenge me, but she would also make me do whatever was necessary to be a better man–the man she needed. With you, I want to be better. I want to be what you need. Tell me what you need.” – Gena Showalter, Through the Zombie Glass

“Underneath this veneer of slightly crazy and mildly socially retarded, I'm a complete disaster.” – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“Just... isn't giving up allowed sometimes? Isn't it okay to say, ‘This really hurts, so I’m going to stop trying’?”
“It sets a dangerous precedent.”
“For avoiding pain?”
“For avoiding life.” 
– Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy,” Wren said. “It’s the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.” – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“You’ve read the books?”
“I’ve seen the movies.”
Cath rolled her eyes so hard, it hurt. (Actually.) (Maybe because she was still on the edge of tears. On the edge, period.) “So you haven’t read the books.”
“I’m not really a book person.”
“That might be the most idiotic thing you’ve ever said to me.”
 – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“To really be a nerd, she'd decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.” – Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

“I feel like Cinderella sitting in the middle of the road with a pumpkin and a couple of mice, while Prince Charming charges off to rescue some other chick.” – Cynthia Hand, Unearthly

“Love is a beautiful but terrible thing," he said. "You have to be careful with it. It can destroy you.” – Courtney Allison Moulton, Angelfire


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!