Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The World of Book Blogging and Its Similiarities to Booktube


I've been watching Booktube videos for about a year now. They're fun, entertaining, and oftentimes they express frustrations or other emotions that are just too hard to express on a blog post.

I was watching amandapearl2books's video and I was thinking about how this applied to me. I don't idolize the Booktube community, I know that they're just people who have their own set of hopes, dreams, fears, etc. But then I realized, some of the issues that she discussed are relevant in the blogging world. And that's the world that I am really a part of. 

I've been blogging for quite a while. Years, actually. And I don't have a lot of fame and followers like other blogs. (And that's perfectly okay, because I love each and every one of my followers.). I do constantly find myself wondering if the lack of comments that I get on a post is because I don't have a high-quality blog. There are other, higher-scale blogs out there that look fabulous and get so much attention. I can't afford to have my blog designed by anyone, yet I've found myself saying that, "If I pay for an update, maybe I can get more comments."

The only times people actually want to talk to me on my blog are when I do meme posts. And that's because I put my link in the Linky-thing. Hardly anyone actually comments on the posts that I spend a lot of time thinking about, or the reviews I take the time to write.

I know this is kind of a whiny post, and if people do read it, I might get some flak, because I'm just as guilty for going on a website and only commenting because there's a giveaway or something. It's just some food for thought, and now I can stop idolizing the bloggers who I wish I was, and just be the blogger that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!