Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vampire Academy Movie Review


Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human/vampire, guardians of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discretely within our world. Her legacy is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi. This is her story.

My Review

So I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie. I seriously thought that it was just going to be a Mean Girls repeat with more blood and fangs, but it wasn't like that at all. 

The publicity team for this film did a HORRENDOUS job. I think if they would have laid off trying to make fun of the movie's subject matter in the previews, that it would have gained a bigger audience for its release.

Zoey Deutch was not who I would have originally picked to be Rose. But, her character spin is such a kick-ass, wise-ass lead, that I actually enjoyed it. Plus, she was pretty hilarious, especially at the end with Dimitri. Hee... I actually really enjoyed the actors who played Lissa and Christian as well. Christian's was pretty yummy looking. Helllllooooo Dominic Sherwood. The only problem I had with Dimitri's actor was that I couldn't understand him about 1/4 of the time. My friend, who was with me when we saw the film, said that she understood him just fine, however.

There were some weird little shots that made me want to scratch my head, and the tone of the movie felt lighter than it should have, but all in all, I'd recommend this to any fan of the books. Trust me, it's not as bad as you may think its going to be. You actually might enjoy yourself.

4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!