Monday, May 21, 2012

Onyx Review



Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My Review:

Daemon Black is back! He's hot, snarky and totally whipped!

Katy is the same girl that we met in Obsidian. She stands up for herself and knows what she wants and when she wants it. And what she wants is for Daemon to quit being such a jerk. He starts wooing her. He actually buys her food and asks her to eat it from his mouth like a sexy Lady and the Tramp scene. He can't stay away from Katy and its so cute to see this womanizer following her around like a lost puppy.

The plot of the book had me a little upset. While it was good, it was extremely predictable. And of course Daemon had to be right and Katy got blamed for everything that happened to go wrong despite Daemon making some bad choices as well. And poor Dee! (That's all I can say without getting into some major spoilage.)

All of these elements came together to make a good book. It most definitely wasn't a great book. The first one was epic, but this just kind of fell short, despite Daemon being as adorable as he can be.

4/5

*I received a copy of this book to review from the publisher. This in no way altered my opinion/review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!