Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Mephisto Covenant Review



Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger--she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx's biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant--God's promise he will find peace in the love of an Anabo. After a thousand years, he's finally found the girl he's been searching for: Sasha.

With the threat of Eryx always looming, Jax knows he has to keep Sasha safe and win her over. But can he? Will Sasha love him and give up her mortal life?

My Review:

Demons and angels have become a popular subject in YA lately. The Mephisto Covenant hopped on that train but it didn't take the full ride. Translation: This book is totally different from all other angel/demon books out there.

This book series, from what I can tell, is going to be written much like an adult paranormal romance series, that is, there is going to be a book for every brother and his love interest. Book one features Sasha and Jax who introduce us to the world of the Mephisto Covenant and all of the tortured and completely irresistable brothers.

Sasha is a normal girl who has to move in with her long-lost relatives who are super creepy and the story goes on a spiral from there. The plot of the book while original, didn't quite draw me in as much as I would have liked. Plus, the way some things were described, like the creepy cousins for instance, had my brain totally cringing. It was just weird and gross. However, the story was fun and the romance was cute so I got past it.

I recommend this book for anyone who wants to see a different story appear in the angel world.

3/5 stars

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley. This in no way altered my opinion/review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments! And I do read all of them so keep at it! Thanks for visiting!